PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Lake Hunting

30-06
03-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Were Going To Be Heading Up To Carbon Lake This 2008 Hunting Season For Moose And Elk,Maybe Deer.If You Have Any Info About This Area It Would Be Helpful.You Can PM Me If You Dont Want The Info Spread Every Where.Thanks In Advance For The Info

luckynuts
03-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Carbon lake is in 7-31. Lots of Grizzly if your hiking the hills. Very limited camp spots at the lake so it will be a crap shoot. You can catch small trout in the lake. The whitetail pop is taking off but by the time the season opens up usually need a sled to get in there. I have only been in there 6-7 times, I have seen some cow elk, both mulies and whitails grizzly and black bear but yet to see a moose but there is moose sign for sure.

Good luck

boxhitch
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
For moose, better luck may be had, the further west you travel past the lake. Lake is at about 60 K. (IHNFC). We saw more sign near the 90 to 1.. K. markers, Bulls fighting on the road. Bagged a Immy, and his grand dad.
The elk are closer to HH, and the hay fields. Lots of wolf around, too.

luckynuts
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah totally forgot about the wolves Boxhitch. There is a ton of wolves in the area, every road will have track on it. I howled in a bunch last year but they were very wise and stopped well out of range on a side hill and sat and watched us. when we got back to the truck a couple of hours later there was tracks all around it.

W.

30-06
03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
thanks for the info.i more wanna get an elk,wouldnt mind a moose to,but my dad,brothers, and other hunting partners want the moose

luckynuts
03-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Hit the rut and call them in, extremely fun and very productive. Hunt the thick stuff as there are a fair amount of hunters up in there. find a heavily used game trail and follow it in to the timber. If there in there you will find stink holes and lots of sign start calling and wait.Just a matter of how many points on his antler.:lol:

30-06
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
thanks .i love calling.lol

Chad Esplen
09-20-2018, 01:39 PM
I am heading to the Carbon lake area next week you got any info on the area? thanks

silvertip0260
09-20-2018, 02:20 PM
Very thick country. Little swamp. A lot of logging going on last year. If your after elk it’s the wrong area. Are a few up table and gething but once again getting overgrown