PDA

View Full Version : Light Up Nocks

blaker_99
03-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok so are we looking at a gimick or not? Just wondering if anyone has ever used these nocks in the field? I was watching a dvd lastnight and saw a guy using them and I was amazed how bright they were and how easy it was to find them light when the buck was down at night. I'm always one to follow blood trails and walk grids but this may possibly be a great time saver and cool tool for retrieving your animal in the dar or at dusk. Here's the link guys and gals:

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0026145&navCount=1&parentId=cat20063&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat21424-cat20063&parentType=index&indexId=cat20063&rid=

The Hermit
03-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Cool idea... could have used a couple of those yesterday in the deep dark forest!

Elkhound
03-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Interesting idea. Anyone here use them?

270WIN
03-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I have never used personally but I seen them used at the indoor 3d shoot in abbotford a couple month ago they are pretty neat. Not sure if I would want to be the lead off shooter with one of thouse and placed it in the kill as it make it that much easer to nock hunt. Far as hunting I could see it a lot easer to follow you arrow in low light conditions.

Frango
03-19-2007, 02:33 PM
We have used glow sticks for a few years on the times when we have left an elk or moose overnight in the bush.They work great.I think they may even help keep pred's away.Last year our elk was way into deep timber.The glow sticks where a big help in us finding our way into it in the pre light.As a side note we also leave clothing and we pee around the kill site.Don't know if helps but we have never had any animal bothered overnight.It does make you nervous when your walking back to a kill in the dark,so the glow sticks help there.

willyqbc
03-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Tank and i have ordered some up simply because we think they will make for better video footage. Will let you know my impressions of them when they arrive and I have a chance to shhot them.

Chris

4blade
03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
i havent used them for hunting yet but i bought a pack of lumenoks ,sure lights up the end of your arrow .it is supposed to light up on release and stay lit for a long time.i,ve had to blood trail with flashlight ,thats why i bought them,should work great for low light situations

Shop Lord
03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
My friends in Ontario primarly bowhunt during hunting season and they swear by them.

Frango
03-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Sorry blaker 99 I did a inadvertant tread hijack .Won't happen again.

blaker_99
03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
No worries frango. It happends to the best of us. Sure would be a lot nicer to track animals with a light stuck in em rather than walking grids all evening. Although i dont mind walking grids haha

Mini Moose
03-19-2007, 06:31 PM
I use them and think they are great. They work great in low light conditions, see your pass through arrow right away. A little expensive. Seem to fly the same as my regular nocks.

BlacktailStalker
03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Lotsa guys use illumanocks, not a bad idea if it helps you recover your arrow and see what kind of hit you made before you push that animal too far and end up losing it.

jessbennett
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
got some here in the shop chris......