PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hunting partner / mentor

yuriy
11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

Fresh newbie here. Did the CORE earlier this year, and just got my PAL. I've got zero hunting experience and am hoping to team up with someone that I can learn from (everything from where to go, how to track, how to harvest, prepare & transfer the animal, etc.). I'm not interested in hunting fowl, but rather deer and bigger game. I'm in New Westminster, BC. If anyone will be heading out for a hunting trip in the coming months, I'd love to tag along.

I don't currently have a rifle; debating between getting one right now or waiting until the spring/summer. If I can find a mentor this winter, then I'll definitely get a rifle & scope (and whatever other gear is a "must have") and get in as much practice (at the range) as possible.

I'm in my mid 20's, mature and eager to learn. I've got a 4wd SUV (winter tires going on this Saturday) and am willing to drive just about anywhere. More than happy to head out for a few days at a time, and will have about 1.5 weeks off during the holiday season. Not opposed to winter camping.

Cheers!

brian
11-06-2014, 11:09 PM
welcome, and giving your location helps when attracting mentors.

yuriy
11-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks, Brian!

The location is actually in the first paragraph; New West, BC. :)

brian
11-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I read too fast for the slowness of my mind. Carry on.