PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have stolen Ziess binos? 250 bucks for a pair on Kijiji

BCrams
11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Browsing for stolen items from a week ago I found these. 250 dollars for ziess - almost appear to be conquest model?

Posters only post ...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/delta-surrey-langley/binoculars/1029867290?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

huntcoop
11-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Wow, if only I lived in Sudee!

adriaticum
11-05-2014, 11:57 AM
By the look of the ad it looks like the guy doesn't know what the numbers mean.
Could be he found them too.

killman
11-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Those didn't last long...

ryanb
11-05-2014, 10:53 PM
There's always a thief without the balls to do the thieving that's willing to buy this stuff. Just as bad as stealing it!

Sofa King
11-05-2014, 11:08 PM
There's always a thief without the balls to do the thieving that's willing to buy this stuff. Just as bad as stealing it!

BULLF'INGSHIT.
there's no proof these are stolen.
and buying ain't stealing.
go ahead and pay full price, I'd buy them and wouldn't lose a minute's sleep over it.

BCrams
11-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Fellow had no idea he was holding a pair of binos worth 8x what he put them up for. Maybe saying stolen was premature and he found them on the road.

Whonnock Boy
11-06-2014, 12:05 AM
BULLF'INGSHIT.
go ahead and pay full price, I'd buy them and wouldn't lose a minute's sleep over it.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when a deal is five finger friendly. I agree with ryan. If people didn't purchase stolen property, there would be no need to steal it now would there? Why does nothing that you write surprise me any more......

bc_buckshot
11-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I dont care who you are buying items that you may think are stolen but also seem too cheap to be true if real is to me just as bad as the one stealing. Im sorry i got morals and too won't loose any sleep passing up a good price stolen item.

i would love to find the person who stole my stand and meet them at the door thinking im gonna buy it off him

troutseeker
11-06-2014, 05:37 AM
BULLF'INGSHIT.

Wow, you bet a that price they are stolen! But I suppose there will always be some less than honest people willing to buy stolen goods just cause they're cheap and have no conscience.

Shameful...

Wentrot
11-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Wow, you bet a that price they are stolen! But I suppose there will always be some less than honest people willing to buy stolen goods just cause they're cheap and have no conscience.

Shameful...

Was just an elderly fella selling them, his eyes don't work no more. Don't accuse people of being thieves because they choose to sell something at a lower price you clown.

monasheemountainman
11-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Was just an elderly fella selling them, his eyes don't work no more. Don't accuse people of being thieves because they choose to sell something at a lower price you clown.

X2 that's total bullshit to accuse someone of having stolen property with no proof. The op is just asking if anyone had some stolen this doesn't mean they are. Someone should call the guy up and tell him about all the internet cops that say he's a thief!

swampdonkey
11-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Anybody from here buy them

landphil
11-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Well, lets see. Since they are 10x40s, they are likely the discontinued Conquest (non HD) that many dealers on fleabay were blowing out for $500-550 in brand new condition a couple years ago. So, now used a couple years, they're not worth a grand, despite what some people try to sell their used stuff for. And since the Terra's have been introduced in the $400 range, its not unthinkable to say they aren't stolen property. Its also not unthinkable that a great price on something used in Surrey could be stolen. I think it's happened before.:tongue:

whitewolf
11-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Sometimes it's hard to believe, that there is a really good deal out there. I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

bighornbob
11-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I have bought and sold stuff on Kijiji that was not stolen that were way better deals then those binos. Just because its cheap does not mean its stolen. Case in point my sister had a playpen that she used for her kids only when visiting the folks. Maybe used a week out of the year for about 3 years. When she was clearing out stuff out of the folks house she was just going to throw it out. I told her to sell it on the internet and she said she did not have time and if I wanted to go for it. She said she paid a couple hundred for it. When I came home I put it on Kijiji for $30. The first people came within a couple of hours and bought it. An older couple looking for a playpen for the same reason my parents had it (when grandkids come over). The guy said he would normally haggle over price but when he saw it he wanted it sold before I changed my mind. It the next few hours I had probably another 10 calls for it.

I probably could have sold it for way more, but I did not have the time to research what it was really worth and what used ones sell for. I made a very quick and easy $30. Just because its sells for cheap does not mean its stolen.

BHB

BCrams
11-06-2014, 09:58 AM
I may have jumped the gun slightly so to speak on the deal. I recognize deals can be had all the time on line but my judgement is also slightly jaded after the theft I had as I randomly check for the items that may show up. My experience is good quality stuff like bino's go for a fair price and often some items are an eyebrow raiser.

ruger#1
11-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Well, lets see. Since they are 10x40s, they are likely the discontinued Conquest (non HD) that many dealers on fleabay were blowing out for $500-550 in brand new condition a couple years ago. So, now used a couple years, they're not worth a grand, despite what some people try to sell their used stuff for. And since the Terra's have been introduced in the $400 range, its not unthinkable to say they aren't stolen property. Its also not unthinkable that a great price on something used in Surrey could be stolen. I think it's happened before.:tongue:

Terra ED 10X42mm for $479.99 at London Drugs.

popeye
11-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Some people just don't know what they have.

The wife of my dads old hunting partner, sold her husbands rifle on consignment at Reliable after he passed away. Gorgeous old Sako, with a variable Leupold scope...never travelled without being in a case. Sat on the rack for less than 24 hours before being sold. Wish I would have known, or was less respectable enough to ask about it sooner. She said later while talking about it, she would have given it to me if she'd known I liked it. She just didn't know anyone that was interested in "guns".

Cookie1965
11-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Some people just don't know what they have.

The wife of my dads old hunting partner, sold her husbands rifle on consignment at Reliable after he passed away. Gorgeous old Sako, with a variable Leupold scope...never travelled without being in a case. Sat on the rack for less than 24 hours before being sold. Wish I would have known, or was less respectable enough to ask about it sooner. She said later while talking about it, she would have given it to me if she'd known I liked it. She just didn't know anyone that was interested in "guns".

One of my greatest fears...that I'll die and my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

russm
11-07-2014, 05:29 PM
I sold a buddy my old f150 for $400, I could've sat around and wasted time with craigslist people and tried to get $1000-$1500 for it but I wanted it gone, doesn't mean it was stolen some people are just willing to offer up a good deal, maybe buddy with the binoculars upgraded to a better set and wanted to give someone a deal, it doesn't make him a thief.

troutseeker
11-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Kijiji, Craigslist, and other buy and sell are great spots to pick up stolen goods.

Many benefit from the misfortune of folks who had stuff stolen and bought
for cheap by unscrupulous buyers. We all wine and moan when our stuff gets
stolen, then we'd better not be buying stuff when it's too good to be true...

The Clown. :)

.330 Dakota
11-08-2014, 08:44 AM
He probably just wanted them gone,,maybe he inherited them, or got them in a box at a yard sale(seen that before)...I bought a whole garage full of what I thought was general junk at an estate sale many years ago for $800.00. When I came back with my buddies and a trailer to load up, there was a large wooden box in my pile which contained 7 pre64 lever action Winchesters in various calibers and conditions. I sold them off for a total of $2200.00 all said and done. Thats not theft, now is it?

jeff341
11-09-2014, 10:32 AM
My dad's older neighbour passed on and his wife went and gave a few minty rifles including a baretta o/u and an real nice original savage 24 to the RCMP to destroy. Wish I coulda caught her before then.....