PDA

View Full Version : 3-15 Moose

ryanonthevedder
11-05-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm up in that area quite a bit working my gold claim (Kanaka Bar) and I've got a doe draw this year to fill. I see there is a spike fork season there, but I don't think I've ever even seen any sign let alone an animal. Anyone ever seen a moose in 3-15? I'm just curious if they exist.

ryanonthevedder
11-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Well I got my doe an hour into the trip, and we got a bunch of gold from the river..... but no moose.

Rusty
11-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Tell more about the gold. hand panning , how much is a bunch? enough to pay for your trip?
I've always wanted to try it.

natebavis
11-09-2014, 05:53 PM
good for you, nice

kennyj
11-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Hey good for you. Didn't waste much time on the doe draw. Any new mining videos?
kenny

ryanonthevedder
11-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Lol, no new mining videos. They ve been pretty popular and its funny how they follow me around. We ran around 4 yards of material across the sluice this weekend which means there was probably 10 grams or so in the end. I didn't take any of it though. I let the newbs have at 'er. I am just interested in checking grades so I can bring in a hoe with a bit of confidence.

@Rusty if you want to give it a try there are a bunch of public panning areas in BC. Anyone can go down there and dip a pan. The best spot close to the lower mainland is at Yale. Pan and shovel only though.

No sign of any bucks up there though. No rubs anywhere... yet.