PDA

View Full Version : bull draw 3-17

thepredator
11-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Well i took a tour up murray crk fsr and saw zero sign. Hunted blue earth lake area today and all up around 4647 22km to the back end, no sign of life around there except cattle. Saw one set of old moose tracks and scat around blue earth lake. My map book is wrong it says blue earth lake fsr hooks up with hat crk fsr. Wich technically it does if you can get through the locked chain gate at the farm house. I may check out blue earth a little more tomorrow. any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

ruger#1
11-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Go up behind the Cache Creek garbage dump. It will take you to upper hat creek. Explore in around there. There are a few swamps around. You will also be on the hat creek ranch. I have only found moose sheds up there. Still is a nice area.

thepredator
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Awesome thanks!

thepredator
11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
So much cattle around!!! I actually saw cow shit on top of moose shit today. This an interesting area to hunt in thats for sure.

250 sav
11-03-2014, 08:03 PM
medicine cr ambuston cr. bedard lake had pretty good moose pops at one time there might be a few left depending on the fn preassure

ruger#1
11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
So much cattle around!!! I actually saw cow shit on top of moose shit today. This an interesting area to hunt in thats for sure. I have chased some big bucks in that area with The horses. I hunted the small popular groves. Lots of bears in September. Lots of grouse. Also keep an eye out for bighorn sheep.

shed-hunter1
11-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Did you try around venables the bonapart boys took out 7 moose this year from there all bulls

thepredator
11-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Yup drove all around venables up through blue earth. One old set of tracks and some dry shit.

thepredator
11-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I may head back to venables and look around a little more. How does one get up into bedard area? Is it through the oregon jack fsr? And what kind of shape is it in?

thepredator
11-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Found out where there was a few moose ruttin today. But they're long gone all the sign is at least 2 weeks old. Frozen and dry :( saw a few does up there too. Im about ready to pay someone to drive me to a moose hahahaha

Wild one
11-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Game populations are not high in that area. You will have a hard time finding someone that could drive you to a moose. I had the trapline there and I wont apply for that draw.

2 feet a heart beat and pray is what you need to do

MattB
11-05-2014, 09:20 AM
I saw quite a bit of sign back above where murray fsr joins venables. Any of the side roads there should take u to moose country. Hang a right at 14km murray and that road will take you up onto a logged plateau that i saw a young bull on and lots of sign this last winter.