PDA

View Full Version : The Canadas are here

Farmer
11-01-2014, 08:44 PM
The last two days there have been huge flocks of Canadas flying by. Today at about 4 pm there were flocks of geese stretching from one horizon to the other. My son has a field lined up for the am, but as usual I will be working. He figured that there were 3-400 in the field this morning and a couple hundred more circling.
I expect to be processing geese tomorrow afternoon.
Good luck to all those out in the blind.

adriaticum
11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I saw a flock that frankly scared me north side of the highway 1 in chilliwack by Evans road exit.
I think there must have been 500 hundred. small flocks of snow geese around too.

BiG Boar
11-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I think they're lessers you're seeing in the big flocks. And probably swans adriaticum

Farmer
11-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Well, they had about 5000 fly over but mostly at high altitude. No shots fired. They said they could hear geese for about 2 hours continuously.
Some of them could be lessers. I did see a flock of 12-14 snows fly over the farm this morning. And no Dave they weren't swans although I did see 2 of them fly by as well.

Wild one
11-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Seen lots of Canadas this weekend but they don't want to land on the property I was hunting. Also seen a flock of snows not swans seen a few flocks of those as well.

Need to find a place geese actually want to land :cry:

LupieHunter
11-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Lots of snows and speckle bellies around here at the other end of the valley/lm closer to Vancouver

kyleklassen
11-02-2014, 09:38 PM
don't question the wisdom of the one they call adriaticumshot

adriaticum
11-02-2014, 10:10 PM
don't question the wisdom of the one they call adriaticumshot

Behave yourself klassen. Some people on this forum are teenagers.
If you do me this one favour i will let you hump my leg without consequence.

kyleklassen
11-02-2014, 10:54 PM
how about just posting up one of your hunts with a story insteasd of being the first to post NiceBuck on every one else
s posts..someone with more than 5000 posts on a hunting website in a little more than a year and a half and not 1 is a hunting story......are you an anti

kyleklassen
11-02-2014, 11:05 PM
man adriaticum...youčve done one hell of a job posting up other peoples drivel.

digger dogger
11-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Seen lots of Canadas this weekend but they don't want to land on the property I was hunting. Also seen a flock of snows not swans seen a few flocks of those as well.

Need to find a place geese actually want to land :cry:

We've done really well this year on Canadas, but we also have been doing a lot of scouting.
It sucks not getting birds, then cleaning up 16doz deeks:-0
If 4 leesers see your flaws, they'll get 1000 to follow them somewhere else.
If you want to kill the small geese, make a serious effort into you hide/blind.

Wild one
11-03-2014, 09:33 AM
We've done really well this year on Canadas, but we also have been doing a lot of scouting.
It sucks not getting birds, then cleaning up 16doz deeks:-0
If 4 leesers see your flaws, they'll get 1000 to follow them somewhere else.
If you want to kill the small geese, make a serious effort into you hide/blind.

Only started hunting waterfowl again 3 years ago and I am mostly a big game hunter. Most of the places I hunt birds are poor really birds pass over but we don't have the feed in our spots. Have to rely on trying to draw the dumb ones down to our spread which is small for geese but good for ducks. Blinds are good so is the caller.

I hunt with a small group where most are green and 1 experienced waterfowl guy. We do well with ducks and have a few respectable spots for them. Geese on the other hand poor location and small spread is not helping lol.

Still have a good time but need to work on scouting better locations and some more goose decoys. For me it is just away to get out close to home and have a good time with a few friends.

Still have a ways to go before I can expect good goose hunts. I bet you kill more geese in 1 hunt than I will all season lol

Sasqman
11-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Definately had some snows flying low altitude over aldergrove on saturday, heading west. Only a matter of time before they start invading the valley in massive number.

Canadas all day long, flying every which way. Big flocks. Lessers and big ones. Managed to get 3 down on saturday evening..............should've had 30 on the ground, but I think I had "some" shells where they forgot to put the "BBB's" in ...........

Moe.JKU
11-03-2014, 10:57 AM
So far it seems to be the best year for geese i have seen in my years hunting. Or we are getting better are hiding and calling. Its going to be a good year for waterfowl.

Ranger95
11-03-2014, 12:26 PM
We were dropping greenheads and widgeons in the mist / fog on Saturday morning, had Canada's circling at 60 foot but not committing because of the swirling mist - they are indeed there - just got to draw them in on the good days.

rbduck
11-03-2014, 01:58 PM
We`ve been shooting Canadas for two months now. This has been the best year in five years for my hunting buddies and myself. Still seeing thousands everyday. They are staging right now and some have left for southern parts. might still have a few weeks of decent weather before they all leave.

Ron