PDA

View Full Version : diseased moose north of prince george

jbruce
11-01-2014, 05:26 PM
was cutting up a moose from northern bc found it to riddled with small white pimples with a sort of white circle around them . they were in the meat,not the hide or the skin but all throughout the meat.anyone out there came across this?

tigrr
11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
google
Moose meat with small Taenia krabbei cysts

Caribou_lou
11-01-2014, 05:46 PM
yup, see them in almost every moose we harvest. we pick them out. alright for human consumption.

moosecaller
11-01-2014, 05:49 PM
http://esrd.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife/wildlife-diseases/documents/WDTkrabbei.pdf
It gets discussed every year, not a real issue for humans just the yuckie factor, think what you may find in super market meat?

Liveforthehunt
11-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes I have seen them ... Not diseased also sometimes green looking kind of like small avocado chunks just pick em out and the meat is just fine ... Won't hurt you to eat em as well shot a few that have had them I was told something to do with wolves and moisture do some research ... Wolf shit that Is

jbruce
11-01-2014, 06:30 PM
thanks moosecaller had a look at your link guess it was just tape worm alright,try out a couple roasts on my buddys dog just to make sure

benevs
11-01-2014, 08:24 PM
thanks moosecaller had a look at your link guess it was just tape worm alright,try out a couple roasts on my buddys dog just to make sure

i wouldn't do that.

"Dogs fed infected moose meat may provide suitable conditions for adult tapeworms..." according to that link.