PDA

View Full Version : Article in Kelowna Daily Courier about Antlers for home decoration

savagecanuck
10-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Its from Cheryll Gillespie and says ANTLERS,The must have home accessory.Sorry can't print off the whole article but its enough to shut up the women in out life that bitch about Antlers AKA wall mounts for us.Can't wait too show this article to the wife when she gets home!!!!

ruger#1
10-31-2014, 02:43 PM
f you guessed antlers, then you nailed it! Antlers are the must have item this season. Have you hung yours yet?

Most stylish antler pieces are readily available in a variety of styles, colours, finishes, sizes and interpretations.

From the ultra-classic set of real deer antlers to a fabric quilt style, to a high-gloss resin all white contemporary finish to moose or ram heads crafted from tiny bits of driftwood, river rock and even crystals or bottle caps.

A piece of antler art can be fun, whimsical or classic. I guarantee there’s an antler rack that’s been perfectly styled and designed for your room.

How do we display or hang our antlers? We have hung antlers amongst a client’s family photo wall and it was just the perfect finishing touch that the wall needed.

We have hung larger sets alone on a dining room wall as a statement piece of art.

In a recent lodge project, we hung the obligatory antler set over the stone fireplace and in a contemporary home we used a set of antlers as a vanity light in the powder room. But we don’t always hang our antlers.

One of my favourite looks is to fill a beautiful vintage or antique urn with multiple pairs of antlers. In other applications, we have laid antlers on coffee and dining tables, antlers in bar carts that hold specialty bottles of elegant liquors.

At home, one of my personal favourites, are the ram antlers that have been designed with adorning vintage chandelier crystals sitting amongst my over-sized coffee-table books.

Modern, traditional, rustic and transitional spaces can all make room for a pair of antlers this winter.

We have added antlers to bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens and hall ways, and even walk in closets — great for hanging your jewelry on.

They work everywhere — and they are ultra “Canadian-esque.”

Have fun with them and be creative, add some colour with neon or metallic paints, decoupage a resin set with fun gift wraps or wine labels, add some glitz and glamour with crystals or add some whimsy with wine corks, buttons or jelly beans in the kid’s room.

Hang directly onto the wall or attach them to a piece of furniture, a plaster or tin medallion or a painting or a metal sculpture as a back drop.

This season’s must-have home accessory opens the door to a ‘rackful’ of creative ideas and

opportunities for stylish spaces.

Fabulous living is all about loving your rooms and bringing in fun, refreshing decor trends and statement pieces that will make your home truly one of a kind.

MB_Boy
10-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Hahaha.....just be careful what you wish for!!!

My gal saw "chromed" deer antlers at a boutique in Yaletown down here in Vancouver....and get this....they wanted close to $1000 for them!!!

Well.....she wanted to go bigger as she wanted some (chromish) to go on the wall above our bed which is 20' up to the ceiling. A dinky little set of deer antlers would be completely lost on a wall of that size; yup.....she wanted Moose.

These were painted by an autobody shop here in town....and voila.....this is what hangs up above my bed. :roll: Funny thing is a number of her friends want some too!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee248/scrichton/Forum%20Pics/Antlerw_zps81f3ec61.jpg (http://s234.photobucket.com/user/scrichton/media/Forum%20Pics/Antlerw_zps81f3ec61.jpg.html)

deer nut
10-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Just what the heck are "ram antlers"? Typical media.....

Ramjam
10-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Haha that's a good one !