PDA

View Full Version : 3-12 mule doe draw.

Agent Orange
10-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I was lucky enough to draw an antlerless mule deer draw for november in 3-12. I was up near the east side of Pennask lake this past week for 5 days and saw lots of white tail and even a few moose. But no Mule deer. I have a few days of during the week next week and I would appreciate any tips you might have. Not looking for your honey holes, just general areas or FSR's where you may have seen seen some mule does this season. I have a pickup truck and travel trailer, but would also be willing to tent it if the roads are too rough. Again, just looking for some advice on the area. Thanks in advance!

ducktoller
10-29-2014, 06:46 PM
I saw a ton of does all over bear and paradise andmellin ellin but no moose a few weeks ago, guess we should have traded draws Lol

Fwiw I saw more does off paradise lake road and it's spurs

savagecanuck
10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
OMG that should be easy to fill.Here on a silver platter.Go up Bear main turn on Esperon at 13 km. Turn right on Stewart at reservoir approx 23rd. Drive to Beak main 39 kms or Venturie main.just before beak.Hunt both those if no luck try Chatham main at about 35km mark on Stewart. You owe me. I saw 10 fat mule does last Saturday, could have got a few with a sling shot.Good luck and send us a picture.

landphil
10-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Its safe to say that there are mulie does spread all over the area, in relatively large quantities. That said, I've had that draw before, and not filled it as I couldn't find a dry doe all month. Good luck, they are there. Did you take a whitetail doe or two? Or were you there before the WT doe season opened?

Agent Orange
10-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the pointers guys. I'll be sure to check it out and post an update.

Its safe to say that there are mulie does spread all over the area, in relatively large quantities. That said, I've had that draw before, and not filled it as I couldn't find a dry doe all month. Good luck, they are there. Did you take a whitetail doe or two? Or were you there before the WT doe season opened?

Yes I did manage to connect with a doe while I was out. First time doing it without my dad, I Was so pumped I forgot to take pictures.

Fisher-Dude
10-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Lundbom Road always has lots of deer this time of the year. The does head down into the lower elevations just prior to the rut, the bucks show up a week - 10 days later. They migrate to these rutting areas...it's not weather related. Some of the suggestions above are a bit high in elevation for this time of year, as you found out at Pennask.

Good luck, should be fairly easy to find what you want. I'd stay a bit lower down the hill if I were you.

GoatGuy
10-29-2014, 09:55 PM
OMG that should be easy to fill.Here on a silver platter.Go up Bear main turn on Esperon at 13 km. Turn right on Stewart at reservoir approx 23rd. Drive to Beak main 39 kms or Venturie main.just before beak.Hunt both those if no luck try Chatham main at about 35km mark on Stewart. You owe me. I saw 10 fat mule does last Saturday, could have got a few with a sling shot.Good luck and send us a picture.
That is fisher-dudes secret spot and that is why he told the op to go to Lundbom.

two votes for beak creek.

HarryToolips
10-29-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't think there's an area in 3-12 that doesn't hold lots of mulies...

Sofa King
10-29-2014, 10:08 PM
pick a road and go.
park, get out and walk some areas.
they are everywhere.
that said, all the ones I saw yesterday were from the truck.