PDA

View Full Version : Got my Mule

Drache
10-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Never did spot a whitetail buck this year that I could have popped a shot at and never got my moose this year (because I only got to hunt one day for them).

http://i.imgur.com/CWxAvN9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IiUXHn1.jpg

Not a big deer, after removing the head, guts, hide, and legs, it only came out to 119lbs. But I'm sure it will taste good and that is all that counts when I'm hunting!

ElliotMoose
10-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Will be a tasty critter for sure! Congrats on that one

markomoose
10-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Good job man

Backwoodninjajunky
10-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Right on man!! Good job it's a good size buck

.264winmag
10-29-2014, 01:55 PM
good chewing there!

Drache
10-29-2014, 02:46 PM
So after getting the deer skinned and beheaded my father and I went out to the field to see our horses. We happened to look back towards the shop and here is Shadow, my dad's black lab, with the deer's neck in his teeth, pulling with all his might trying to pull the deer down! Well he got a very good yelling at that one but acted like a kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Sort of like "Oh well you caught me ha ha" sort of thing. This is a dog that has NEVER tried to take food off a table, counter top, or even if you set your plate down somewhere he could reach. He is 14 years old and never been bad a day in his life. So this was pretty surprising to us.

We closed the door to the shop and a few hours later we looked around and we were wondering where the dog was. We looked over by the shop and there is Shadow, searching for a way to get into the shop. Once again he acted like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

That night, all of us were in the Cabin when Shadow takes my father's hand to lead him somewhere. Dad and I figured he wanted food but instead of leading dad to the food bin, he lead dad to the door. Dad figured he needed to go out to pee but as soon as the door opened he ran back up to the shop and started looking again for a way into the shop.

Then the next day we cut the legs off the deer and lo and behold, one of them goes missing within minutes. Sneaky old dog that one :D

sdurango41
10-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Great buck!!! Tender, tender, tender

one-shot-wonder
10-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the buck! Do Shadow a favour and let em chew on a leg or two, sounds like the ol' guy has been a good friend with lots of good days behind him.

Sofa King
10-29-2014, 09:52 PM
nothing wrong with that deer.
and sounds like shadow thinks so too.

HarryToolips
10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Should be tasty congrats...

Drache
10-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Congrats on the buck! Do Shadow a favour and let em chew on a leg or two, sounds like the ol' guy has been a good friend with lots of good days behind him.

Oh yeah he is spoiled. He just gets such nasty deer farts though :D

xtrail
10-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Nice buck, will be good eats.