PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Bucks

lone wolf
10-28-2014, 01:27 AM
I have had 2 bucks give me the slip the previous weekend . The second buck was a decent buck , i was on the rd and noticed him coming down a trail and pulled over got out got rifle ready and he casually slips into thick stuff i run up to last point seen . Disappeard . He was with a doe so i follow her back up the trail staying outa sight . Watch her and her ears perk and she looks to the right . I wait and see another doe then notice he pops out 277 yrds . No shot , watched him walk away , no shot due to brush and trees and couldnt get a rest . He hooked back to the left on me twice . Next one that gives me the slip I will be wondering which way he will be doubling back , is there a good way to think about it ? Lay of land ? Direction he was headed ? How would you go about being where he will be ? Are there patterns for them doubling back ?

Buckmeister
10-28-2014, 07:55 AM
If he isn't alerted to your presence, try calling to him to get him to stick around or to come back out to check you out. He might just pop out a whole lot closer.