PDA

View Full Version : Norrish Creek Road

Jeliason
10-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey Everyone,

Last Spring I went for a drive up Norrish Creek road in Mission and about 8 or 9 kms up the road there is some water facility and a gate on the road that was locked at that time. Does anyone know if that gate every gets opened up at at certain times or is it always closed?

Thanks for the help

itsy bitsy xj
10-27-2014, 10:52 PM
There are times when its open. We have been 4x4ing up there. I can't say when it will be open we just showed up and it was open so in we went

kako99
10-28-2014, 05:45 AM
There is a big sign saying no trespassing on the other side. I turned around when I saw it.

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 06:11 AM
It is open when they are logging. Be careful not to get locked in. I do not think the care taker at the water filtration plant has a key.

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 06:58 AM
You might be able to get a key from the Fraser valley region office or Mission , Abbotsford water works. It might cost $50. To $100.00 .Beyond that gate is crown land. The road will take you to Dixon Lake ,And the back behind the Sasquatch.

Dour
10-28-2014, 08:36 AM
That road used to connect to chahalis fsr it was a nice drive. Big slashes up top. But a lifted trucks would be best. There is some crazy 4x4 trials up there. And at the plant. There is a bridge you can jump off. And possibly die but it's all in good fun.

Wentrot
10-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Be very mindful of logging trucks up there, some sharp and narrow corners that leave very little room when you meet with one.

Getbent
10-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Use it while you can, sometime in the new year it will be locked with restricted access past the treatment plant...

Taurusguy
10-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Could always get out and walk??

Wentrot
10-28-2014, 02:05 PM

Safe to assume you don't know how much road is beyond the gate lol

limit time
10-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Use it while you can, sometime in the new year it will be locked with restricted access past the treatment plant...
And ...your info comes from???

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 03:18 PM

Yes you could. It is a long walk to the clear cuts.

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 03:28 PM
http://www.ourwatermatters.ca/

coyotebc
10-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Earlier this year I got permission to access this area
I was given a code for the gate
Iirc I paid $25 and had to sign a contract

I have been up there over a dozen times and have not once seen the gate closed or been stopped and asked to show my permit
During the summer there were always atv's, side by sides and trucks up there

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Earlier this year I got permission to access this area
I was given a code for the gate
Iirc I paid $25 and had to sign a contract

I have been up there over a dozen times and have not once seen the gate closed or been stopped and asked to show my permit
During the summer there were always atv's, side by sides and trucks up there

Lots of deer up and around the zig zag slash. Lots of good area. Used to hunt there lots.

chrismcd
10-28-2014, 06:53 PM
ive hiked that area passed the gate many times. i slowly left later and later. last time i went up (last week or so) i left around 45 min after dark and the gate was still open. i have never seen it locked but im always sccared. on my way down last week i followed a forky blacktail for a few turns before the side allowed him to climb into the forest. if only it wasnt dark i woulda followed him in.
(i dont want to hijack but... has anyone seen bear around there?)

ruger#1
10-28-2014, 06:59 PM
September, A few bears. They make wide tunnels in the grass. I never hunted them. Used to take the road that is just past the treatment plant to the left. It goes to rose creek. There was a guy who set up beehives for honey and the bears would always hit and smash his hive until he put up an electric fence. Rose creek has some nice trout in it also.

Zordo
10-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Make sure you have a bit of truck height, the de-activations up there are pretty deep!

Jeliason
10-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Who did you talk to about getting permission and a code?

Edzzed
10-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Be careful driving up that road. My neighbors kid was doing pipeline work up that way and went off the road driving to the job site. The parents were pretty devastated having to bury the kid. He was only 20. http://www.missioncityrecord.com/news/132534308.html

Getbent
10-29-2014, 07:31 PM
And ...your info comes from???
The gate will be closed sometime in the new year and they will not be handing out codes or keys.
It is a swipe card access, logging will have access, after that it will be extremely limited access.
Just a fact and all I am saying is get while the getting is good.

coyotebc
10-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Who did you talk to about getting permission and a code?
The engineering department of the City of Abbotsford
My permit is in my truck, I will check it tomorrow to see if it has a phone number
I haven't looked at it since I got it

We had (our small group) had a valid reason for asking for access, I don't know if they would give it for hunting
Although honestly we only saw 1 buck up there all year and very little sign