PDA

View Full Version : finaly a four point!

jeremy
10-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Well I finally bagged me a four point. I made an early morning trip to one of my favourite spots along some cut banks that I hike into every fall, when I got in to my usual spot I spotted two other people just ahead of me, they hadn't seem me yet but I figured I should give them there space. I veered far the left and headed towards an area with two large gulches. I started walking down the arm between the two looking to my right as I went when I heard a few deer run on my left towards the other gully. I decided to head over the edge and take a look. I slowly walked up though the short grass to the edge looking at the far bank. I could see a doe grazing about half way up slowly making the climb up the hill. Down in the bottom I could see two juvenile deer, one being a spikier. I pulled out my rangefinder out of curiosity and he raged at 230yds. I watched them wander around in the bottom for a bit. He wasn't what I wanted for hiking this far. I look back up the far hill side and I can see the small spec of a white butt. sure I was looking at the doe from earlier I look through my binos again. Its a buck! I could see it was past its ears. I quickly range him at 350yds. I knew it wasn't small a small buck so I lay down and flip out my bipod. The fog is starting to roll in and its right around freezing. perfect conditions for fogging up my scope. I keep wiping my lens to neep it at clear as possible. I watch as he wanders up the hillside never giving me a clean shot. Finally he turns broadside on top of a knoll two thirds the way up. Boom. The sound of my 300wsm echoing off the gully walls takes me in awe for a second. I snap back and get my sights on where the buck was standing. Hes still there! I MISSED! What just happened? A quick look at the scope and a feeling of stupidity flowed over me I had in my haste only turned up the zoom my scope was still set to only 150yds. I spin it up to 400 and put the cross hairs back on his body. This time im set. Boom, I see him buck and quiver from the impact! He takes a few steps and falls to his knees sliding down into a small vien running up the bank. I hurry down the gully and up the other side, I find him not 50 feet from where I had shot him with a hole through both lungs. I pull his head out of the sand and count. I finally got my four point!

adriaticum
10-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Congrats on your success!

M.Dean
10-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Good Job! Sounds like a hunt you'll never forget! Congrats, any pic's of your Buck you can post???

coach
10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Congratulations on a successful hunt! Remember though: no pics.... didn't happen. :-D

yota
10-27-2014, 09:58 PM
congrats now let's see the beauty!!!

Singleshotneeded
10-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Congrats...I was pretty stoked years ago when I got my first mature buck! You gotta have some pics! :-D

Sofa King
10-27-2014, 10:45 PM
congrats.
but....what's a cutbank?

Sofa King
10-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Outta money!

hahahahaha

Rhyno
10-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Pictures man, pictures! Congrats

300H&H
10-29-2014, 11:59 PM
Still waiting for pics !!!

sapper
10-31-2014, 05:21 PM
That's how quickly a thread dies. No pix and people lose interest. ;-)

M.Dean
10-31-2014, 05:41 PM
That's how quickly a thread dies. No pix and people lose interest. ;-) Who got a What point???

:confused:

Nimrod
10-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Shouldn't that be a ban

Kami
10-31-2014, 09:43 PM
A cut bank is a cliff wall cut into elevation beside a river, by a river.