PDA

View Full Version : Trail cameras???

B-rad
10-26-2014, 01:55 PM
I'll start off by saying I bought 2 of the stealth cams(skout-7) from Canadian tire,,,,,I DONT like em,,,,,I need people's input on a good trail cam,,,WITH a display screen to view in the field OR at least be able to plug into a tv to view,,I WONT be using a computer to view images,,,,,that's why I need either a built in display screen or be able to plug into a tv (which is in my travel trailer),,thanx all

Wentrot
10-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Also have a stealth skout 7 among others and its really hit or miss....FYI you can hook that up to your TV to check images though.

I have a bushnell trophy cam which I really like, a bit of money though. I think the best bang for the buck is the Simmons whitetail cameras. No display screen to view photos but you can hook it to your tv to check.

Islandeer
10-26-2014, 02:20 PM
You can also take out the card and put in your camera to view in the field.

Edzzed
10-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Can you not get a cable to connect to a cell phone to view images. Cheapest place I ever got any audio video cables was http://www.monoprice.com

B-rad
10-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Also have a stealth skout 7 among others and its really hit or miss....FYI you can hook that up to your TV to check images though.

I have a bushnell trophy cam which I really like, a bit of money though. I think the best bang for the buck is the Simmons whitetail cameras. No display screen to view photos but you can hook it to your tv to check.what cable did you use to view on tv? I've looked high and low and nobody knows what cable to use

Wentrot
10-26-2014, 03:19 PM
I just use an RCA cable....plugs in to the tv port on the side of the camera. My camera came with the cord I believe?

Brez
10-26-2014, 04:49 PM
I'll start off by saying I bought 2 of the stealth cams(skout-7) from Canadian tire,,,,,I DONT like em,,,,,I need people's input on a good trail cam,,,WITH a display screen to view in the field OR at least be able to plug into a tv to view,,I WONT be using a computer to view images,,,,,that's why I need either a built in display screen or be able to plug into a tv (which is in my travel trailer),,thanx all
I bought one one line - cheap, and got one given to me. I would never buy another one as I've had so many issues with them.

Mikey Rafiki
10-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Just checked out my new Moultrie 880c that I set up 2 weeks ago. 600 crisp images, very small and lightweight, and best of all still 97% battery life using cheap industrial AA's from Home Depot. I always view my pictures on my pocket cam that I carry on my belt so I know right away if something nice has been by recently. You can also zoom in which is quite handy with a small screen.

Mikey Rafiki
10-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure every camera comes with a regular or micro USB port, and you can get cords that go micro USB to RCA or HDMI for pretty cheap to view on TV.

Sofa King
10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
even easier than using your camera to view the sd card, use your phone.

Wentrot
10-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Just wondering, what do you guys buy that you can check vids and photos on your phone?

Sofa King
10-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Just wondering, what do you guys buy that you can check vids and photos on your phone?

trailcams take an sd card.
if it's a full size sd card, get the one that fits your phone, a micro or mini sd card, and the adapter to make it a full size to go in your tcam.
then you just pull it out, take it out of it's adapter, and slap it in your phone to check it.

Wentrot
10-26-2014, 07:32 PM
if it's a full size sd card, get the one that fits your phone, a micro or mini sd card, and the adapter to make it a full size to go in your tcam.
then you just pull it out, take it out of it's adapter, and slap it in your phone to check it.

Thanks, I feel foolish. I have never seen these adapters before hearing of it now lol

Mikey Rafiki
10-26-2014, 08:01 PM

If your phone is in a case (like mine) this is much harder than using a pocket cam. You can also get SD card readers that plug into the I Phone charger port.

dblung
10-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Not a foolish question. Iphone's, for instance, don't use SD cards. Everthing save with internal memory.

B-rad
10-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Oh wow,,,,,I use a micro sd card for my go-pro,,,,and I have the adaptor,,,,,,so I should be able to view on my phone then,,,,,,,I soooooo gonna check that out

Edzzed
10-27-2014, 02:59 PM
Buy one of these. http://ca.transcend-info.com/Products/No-401 It is a wifi transmitter card

300H&H
10-27-2014, 11:58 PM
Im happy withmy new UWay trail cam....but then again, I have not taken it out of the box.:tongue:

lovemywinchester
10-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Get one of these to view pics in the field

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/digital-picture-viewer

J_T
10-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Pick up one of these.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/hunting/trail-cameras-feeders-food-plots/accessories-batteries/guide-gear?d=115&c=412&s=2900&b=GUIDE+GEAR

The Hermit
11-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I use my iPhone in the field and when there are lots of photo's just swap a new card into the camera and take the full card back to camp/home and use my iPad bigger screen and faster. Also, check out the Spypoint Trail cams at http://www.spypoint.com/EN/products/invisible-leds-trail-camera/product-BF-8.html I have them on sale at a GREAT price right now...

Game Cameras (Retail value is $249)
I have six only of SpyPoint BF-8 Trail Cameras. http://www.spypoint.com/EN/products/...duct-BF-8.html (http://www.spypoint.com/EN/products/invisible-leds-trail-camera/product-BF-8.html)
Buy a camera at an incredible price of only $150. and get a lithium rechargeable battery and charger for only $60 more and a second lithium battery for an additional $40.
Package includes one BF8 Camera, two lithium rechargeable batterys and charger for only $260.

2chodi
11-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I use my iPhone in the field

I am wondering which iPhone you have and what connection device you have. I have tried using Apple's camera connection kit with my iPhone 4S and that is a no go, while it works fine on an iPad.

Camp Cook
01-17-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm looking for info on trail cams as well and found this old thread.

Great idea to view the pics in a camera I hadn't thought of that.

I was trying to figure out how to view with my 4S phone or mu Samsung tablet.

I have a 2 year old very small Olympus Tough digital waterproof camera that will work perfectly.

Now to decide on what trail cam.

Spy
01-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Spypoint cams are great & have a cord so you can view your pictures on a tv. Speak to the Hermit or look for Vauntage Outfitters, a site sponsor he carries Spypoint cams for a very good price.