PDA

View Full Version : pheasant boundary bay delta

Steelpulse
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
So I saw a pheasant in legal shooting area on the shooting side of the dyke while duck hunting In boundary bay, it is in season for pheasant in 2-4 so do I go back and shoot it in the am? So random seeing a bird pretty much in the ocean, obviously a stocked bird from somewhere.

f350ps
10-24-2014, 08:17 PM
That'll be a released bird and is fair game as long as you're in a legal discharge area! Good luck! K

longstonec
10-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Used to set up pheasant decoys in the marsh to pull them out over the dike. Worked great on sunny days! Roasted with a nice butter sauce! MMMMM one of my favourite things to eat!

Steelpulse
10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Damn should have taken it, I was focused on ducks and had to do double take never seen a pheasant on the ocean what a random sight haha, but it was almost dark so put it to bed in the area hopefully, will go back for sunrise see what I see? Did manage pintail widgeon and a shoveler though

longstonec
10-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Weirdest I have seen was a bunch of Guinea fowl walking along the side of the road in Pemberton. At the time i knew they lived in Africa and was puzzled enough to pull over and tai couple photos. when I got home and asked google… it turns out people raise them in North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guineafowl these ones

f350ps
10-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Used to set up pheasant decoys in the marsh to pull them out over the dike. Worked great on sunny days! Roasted with a nice butter sauce! MMMMM one of my favourite things to eat!
That's so old school, I run a trail of bird seed right to a camo canvas bag and save the shells! :) K

longstonec
10-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't like the bird seed flavour. Will try with corn shortly.