PDA

View Full Version : Does Initiaiton Licence holder need a PAL?

MichelD
10-23-2014, 06:21 PM
My friend wants to go hunting and passed his CORE and got an Initiation Licence but though he passed his CFSC exam, he's still waiting for his PAL to arrive.

I want to take him out before the any buck season is over in Region 3.

Am I allowed to hand him the rifle when we see a deer or do we officially both need a PAL for me to lend him the gun, even for a minute?

Wentrot
10-23-2014, 06:22 PM
He can use yours, just keep him in arms reach lol

Doostien
10-23-2014, 07:09 PM
So long as you are nearby he can use a rifle. It's no different than letting someone without a PAL shoot your rifle. So long as you are always around its still in your possession.

coach
10-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Why did he get an initiation license when he's passed his CORE??

Regardless, he can hunt without his PAL as long as he's in close proximity to someone who has one or he can use a bow or crossbow.

MichelD
10-23-2014, 07:34 PM
"Why did he get an initiation license when he's passed his CORE??"

I was wondering that myself, I'll ask him asap. I got the news via pm on Facbook.

Steeleco
10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the initiation license, your buddy will be cutting your tags? If he's got his hunter number, I'd be convincing him to get his regular license, but think he's not allowed now, as he'd then have 2 licenses in one year?

Lend him a .22 and let him shoot rabbits and ditch chickens!!

Just looked it up.

Bag Limits
Individual species licences may not be purchased under the initiation hunting licence; the holder of this licence does not have an individual bag limit for game. The supervising hunter must hold the appropriate uncancelled species licence for any species that is hunted. Any game killed by an initiation hunter must be accounted for and is part of the bag limit of the supervising hunter.

whitlers
10-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Whats the point of this licence. I thought you could bring a buddy who doesnt have a licence and he could be walking with you and drop a deer under your tag if you wanted..

coach
10-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Whats the point of this licence. I thought you could bring a buddy who doesnt have a licence and he could be walking with you and drop a deer under your tag if you wanted..

Do you have your CORE ?

whitlers
10-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Do you have your CORE ?

Yes I do..

whitlers
10-23-2014, 11:44 PM
All I am saying is whats the difference if I want to bring my dad out (who is not a hunter) and have him shoot a grouse/deer/whatever with my gun under my tag. I dont see what the deal is there.

coach
10-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Yes I do..

And a regulations book?

coach
10-23-2014, 11:48 PM
All I am saying is whats the difference if I want to bring my dad out (who is not a hunter) and have him shoot a grouse/deer/whatever with my gun under my tag. I dont see what the deal is there.

The deal is he'd be breaking the law. It could cost you your rifle, your truck, your ability to hunt and a fine.. or he could fill out some paperwork, get an initiation license and hunt legally off your tags and under your bag limits.

250 sav
10-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Arms length I believe is the rule under your direct supervision

whitlers
10-23-2014, 11:52 PM
The deal is he'd be breaking the law. It could cost you your rifle, your truck, your ability to hunt and a fine.. or he could fill out some paperwork, get an initiation license and hunt legally off your tags and under your bag limits.

Fair enough. Just seems dumb to me. No one is getting hurt by it. But anyway dont wanna start a rant :)