PDA

View Full Version : Vernon wall mount

vanillagator
10-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi.
leaving the Island here first week of November taking my family for a 5 day visit with the wife's sister in Vernon.

I was wondering if any one would be as kind to point me in the right direction for chance at mule deer / white tail ( wall mount sized preferred). *yeah heard this one right lol
It is a special hunt as my daughter will be joining me and I want the odds as good as I can get for her.
I am not into driving roads. I walk and I want to instill this method upon my girl. I have been taking her for long walks as well to get her used to it you know.
She can keep up for a 12 year old let me tell ya!
So, in the general area within an hour or so of Vernon, if anyone can contribute to solid directions, we would both be most grateful.
If you prefer, you can PM me as to discuss.

Thanks!!

duckhunter1488
10-23-2014, 08:46 AM
I'd take a drive up Proctor...on your way up to Silverstar. Turn off is at the second switch-back. Road is good, just look out for wood peckers clearing dead fall on the roads....they've been friendly though so no worries! Good terrain for hiking as well. Also, take a .22 up if you have one as there are decent numbers for grouse in that area!