PDA

View Full Version : Bison 7-57A

Trevorg
10-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Im headed up in a few days and am looking for updates on conditions. Has anyone been seeing bison? Are they coming down into the valleys yet? Also has anyone stayed at the Tomter ranch?

bc kid
10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Im headed up in a few days and am looking for updates on conditions. Has anyone been seeing bison? Are they coming down into the valleys yet? Also has anyone stayed at the Tomter ranch?
Im In zone B and it is -4 at night + 8 in the day wet and snow sometimes the weather is very unpredictable. the Bison are still in the hills.

JustinG
10-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Came back from a trip two weeks ago in Zone A. We found a herd in the valley. Good luck.

gone hunting
10-29-2014, 08:56 PM
We have a shared hunt for bison in zone A for the 2nd half of January. Does anyone have any info on who is outfitting this area or what we're getting into. We have our own wall tents, quads, etc. but we will probably need to have snow machine for that time of year and someone to point us in the right direction. Anything. Help.

Ry151
10-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Sleds dont have the restrictions that atvs do so thats what id use. When frozen the halfway trail is easy and there can be buffalo on the trail

gone hunting
11-01-2014, 08:44 AM
I've been told that the LEH office is no longer giving out the package of info that they used to. A guy there named Ian said people didn't keep their contact info up to date and the office was put in the embarrassing position of giving out misinformation so they stopped. I found a phone number (250 630-2237) for the Blueberry Indian band online. Phoned and left a message but haven't heard back...If anyone knows any better contact, please let me know.

shed-hunter1
11-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Im up there right now its hunter central people evesrywhere

shed-hunter1
11-01-2014, 09:22 PM
And i though no vechiles where allowed on the halfway trail two guys drove a pickup camper and trailer almost to horse camp

Skull Hunter
11-02-2014, 09:31 AM
And i though no vechiles where allowed on the halfway trail two guys drove a pickup camper and trailer almost to horse camp

So report it to the CO's. Call the RAPP line at 1-877-952-7277

PGFullMonty
11-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Hows the snow accumulation right now?

shed-hunter1
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
So report it to the CO's. Call the RAPP line at 1-877-952-7277

Are you allowed are not im not reporting if i dont know

shed-hunter1
11-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Melting more and more

bridger
11-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Are you allowed are not im not reporting if i dont know
Not allowed

recoil
11-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Just thought I would bump this up, leaving in 3 days, I will take any "B" zone info or condition updates also as that is our zone

mudbud
11-05-2014, 07:23 AM
We have a shared hunt for bison in zone A for the 2nd half of January. Does anyone have any info on who is outfitting this area or what we're getting into. We have our own wall tents, quads, etc. but we will probably need to have snow machine for that time of year and someone to point us in the right direction. Anything. Help.

I have done this hunt 4 times now, and will be lucky enough to go twice more this January. My own draw is for the 2nd half of January so I will likely see you up there. In my opinion the best way to hunt this area is on sled and stay in a wall tent. You could go in on quads, the trail is normally so packed down that quads can run on it, but it does limit you to staying on the trail, and you will likely want to pay the Blueberry ranch their ridiculous fee to travel through the ranch. If you take snow mobiles there are at least 3 or 4 ways around the ranch - no fees required. The advantage to wall tenting is it makes for much shorter days, basically you get up in the morning, and you are hunting. In previous years I had stayed at Pink Mountain and it made for a pretty long day.

As far as where to go? The valley is 60ish km long and there are Bison everywhere. Best bet is to cruise the trails, look for really fresh sign and hike in. I like to get way up high and glass, it is some pretty open country.

Best advice is to be prepared for everything, it can be plus 5 or -40. Heck the temperature can change 20 degrees from one valley to the next on the drive in. Bring alot of spare gear, clothes, rifle etc. A spare sled is a great idea, I have seen a few hunts up there ruined from a broke down sled.

Good luck - hope to see you up there!

ajeatoo
11-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I'm jut curious to see how your hunt went? We have a leh for 7-57B and will be heading up in a few days, I've been told there is about 1 1/2' of snow up around there now and some bison have been taken out but there is allot of hunting pressure. Was your hunt successful?