PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 deer theifs

slyfox
10-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Just telling people that are planning on hunting reg 4 around Elko to be careful as are hunting party got 3 deer stolen from camp and some of are personal stuff 2.

Rhyno
10-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Wow, sorry to hear...that sucks!

Darksith
10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
amazing and absolutely brutal...

t-rexer
10-22-2014, 07:05 PM
They stole the deer?

Wentrot
10-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Wow, a new low.

250 sav
10-22-2014, 07:18 PM
That is brutal,You gotta be pretty confident to go into a hunting camp and take shit because you know the owners are armed!

Brez
10-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Trail cams hidden around camp are going to become standard.......*******s!!

slyfox
10-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Yes the deer and coolers.

Fisher-Dude
10-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Rotten bassturds!

We had a deer stolen years ago right from the back of our truck. Caught the pricks but the crown prosecutor wouldn't press charges even after an admission of guilt to the cops. Interestingly, the investigating officer married a woman the next year with the same surname as one of the perps... :-?

NIHunter
10-22-2014, 11:15 PM
that sucks rocky hope we never catch guys doing that at my camp......

Looking_4_Jerky
10-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Might be a good baiting exercise! Plant some really great looking goodies out in the open with a shooter concealed nearby. Leave them in the bush for the crows!

MB_Boy
10-23-2014, 05:44 AM
This is just a sad commentary as to how low things have become. Brutal.

ruger#1
10-23-2014, 06:00 AM
And I thought people stealing my crown royal black was low. Sorry to hear this. We can only hope they choke to death from eating the meat.

fearnodeer
10-23-2014, 06:24 AM
This is the lowest of low, I really hope they needed it to survive and not just be pricks.

boxhitch
10-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Survival or not , no excuse for thievery
Just goes to show the general lack of respect for ones fellow man in society these days.

Big Lew
10-23-2014, 07:06 AM
This is just a sad commentary as to how low things have become. Brutal.

Sadly, this sort of thing isn't new by any means. The difference between many years ago
and now is our communication. It's now very easy and convenient to relate incidents as
opposed to 30 years ago and earlier.
It was well known 40-50 years ago that the locals would steal any game tied onto trucks
and cars while their owners were in having dinner or a few drinks in Hope BC.

Spy
10-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Rotten bassturds!

We had a deer stolen years ago right from the back of our truck. Caught the pricks but the crown prosecutor wouldn't press charges even after an admission of guilt to the cops. Interestingly, the investigating officer married a woman the next year with the same surname as one of the perps... :-?
I presume you know the names and whereabouts of these thieves? Post them up if you got them :-)

Fisher-Dude
10-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I presume you know the names and whereabouts of these thieves? Post them up if you got them :-)

I think those old shitheads are both dead now. This was 1979 or so.

BlackOwL
10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Time to do a thread to prevent this things to happen giving detail info like description of vehicle and crooks, reg number, time of day/night this happened.
This way Hunters will be aware of who fits the bill to be on guard.
so here it goes, Black Doge Ram pick up with 2 guys, one with a tattoo in his left arm shooting towards hunters at the top of the pasayten road over a hunting hole, (He claimed to hunt there all the time) investigations where made but no charges laid, incident ocurred Sep. 2012 as per account of the victim resulted in a case of He says - He said, but coming from an old and very decent aquantance I believe it . Reg number of vehicle is 3949 GH
When I go to the pasayten I take My foreman and two other folks.
One more thing if somebody squeaks because I am exposing those guys, tell them to sue Me so this way a new investigation will arise and will see why nothing was done about this, I had seen the file numbers for the RCMP and the Co about this incident, what hose guys did was abusive bulling a lone hunter with only four cartridge in His rifle.

Wentrot
10-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Time to do a thread to prevent this things to happen giving detail info like description of vehicle and crooks, reg number, time of day/night this happened.
This way Hunters will be aware of who fits the bill to be on guard.
so here it goes, Black Doge Ram pick up with 2 guys, one with a tattoo in his left arm shooting towards hunters at the top of the pasayten road over a hunting hole, (He claimed to hunt there all the time) investigations where made but no charges laid, incident ocurred Sep. 2012 as per account of the victim resulted in a case of He says - He said, but coming from an old and very decent aquantance I believe it . Reg number of vehicle is 3949 GH
When I go to the pasayten I take My foreman and two other folks.
One more thing if somebody squeaks because I am exposing those guys, tell them to sue Me so this way a new investigation will arise and will see why nothing was done about this, I had seen the file numbers for the RCMP and the Co about this incident, what hose guys did was abusive bulling a lone hunter with only four cartridge in His rifle.

Good on you, shit heads need to be exposed for all to see.

Sofa King
10-23-2014, 11:44 AM
thers a guy out there, he seems to everywhere somehow it seems. and he must be really sneaky, or have figured out an invisibility spell or something, maybe learned it from the blobsquatchs. but that *******, everytime i get a good thumper of a deer in sight, either before i can get close enough, or before i can get set up for a shot, he slpas them in the ass and shoos them away. sorry for lack of details, havent got a plate # or good look ar him yet.

The Hermit
10-23-2014, 11:45 AM
About fifty years ago dad had his moose stolen, by a friend of a friend. The cops and game warden did nothing but it was rumored that the prep disappeared later that year... dad says he deserved whatever fate had befallen him. LOL

Sofa King
10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
when i first moved to kelowna, i heard crazy stories about the kootenays. one was, a guy, alone, shot his deer and was gutting it. two fellas showed up and told him to leave. he didnt know what they meant, said he had a deer to finish and drag out. they said nope, thats their deer now, leave. he didnt argue much and walked away. i was told them dookebhors can be crazy out there.

slyfox
10-23-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't care how crazy they are I wish I had show up when they were stilling the deer.

Doostien
10-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Jesus, thats low. Hopefully the CO's catch them with the deer and no tags for it.

t-rexer
10-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Wow. Just wow. I guess that solves it I will not be buying one of those yeti coolers.
Would you just lose the tag you cut or what? Even if you caught the guy and say all the meat was gone sold or worse yet spoils what kind of retribution could one expect or hope to get. That could really wreck your whole year if like me and have to save up all year for that one hunt.
This stuff just pisses me off to hear.

unclevarda
10-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Just terrible...

44inchStone
10-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Trail Cams are a great idea.I put one up every time we set up a camp.
ya never know. 1 or 2 dickheads always seem to ruin it for every one.
From what 250 sav said, These guys would have to be CRAZY or have a DEATH WISH, if they were caught in our tent, camp or meat pole trying to steal something. They had better be lost and starving to death!

Fella
10-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Might be a good baiting exercise! Plant some really great looking goodies out in the open with a shooter concealed nearby. Leave them in the bush for the crows!
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag105/Fellala/195C817D-54E1-4EB9-94EB-6D9DDB20D957_zps3ajqc5mi.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/Fellala/media/195C817D-54E1-4EB9-94EB-6D9DDB20D957_zps3ajqc5mi.jpg.html)

beni
10-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Happened to us in Creston two years ago..

We now cable lock everything while we hang em... it's the only way. The day prior we drove up on two guys eyeing up our deer, never thought they would actually do something like that. Dbags

Ron.C
10-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I hate hearing this crap. I guess we've been lucky wrt our camps while on hunting trips. We leave our main camp for days on end at times when we are backpacking into more remote areas to hunt. thankfully, never had an issue thus far. Although I did catch a guy climbing out of the bed of my truck while on a morning hunt near home. Reported it to the RCMP as the guy was riding an old dirt bike and armed with what looked like a lever 30-30. Pretty ballsy theives to be robbing from people in the backcountry when you know the owners of camps/vehicles are armed. Crap like this can escillate in a bad way in a hurry, especially when the theives are armed.

t-rexer
10-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Thieves aren't scared of that. Our laws protect them from being shot. If this was in the states it would be a different story

Islandeer
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Wondering where around Elko this happened?

popeye
08-11-2015, 03:37 PM
One of my favorite things about my 2 week yearly trip with my dad, and uncles, is the stories you hear while in camp at night.

One of these people I grew up calling an "uncle" out of respect, had a hard time walking as he got older. But, still loved hunting and the outdoors. So, he would enjoy just walking a couple hundred yards from camp, and sit in the bushes, waiting for game to come into camp when everyone had left. On one occasion, someone walked into camp, and into their wall tent. This uncle waited till they came out, and fired a warning shot with his 7mm Mag one foot above above the guys head. He dropped what he took, and ran like hell.

Seriously, all for a friggin' tire gauge.