PDA

View Full Version : Grouse in this side of hope

fudge
10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
I was looking to take my son out for a day hunt for grouse. He is young so looking for something close to home and maybe see a few grouse, any help I would be very grateful
thanks .

Gone_Fishin_
10-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Could always try up Jones lake Rd, i've seen em and got a few in the past. Not much tho, was up there the other day and didnt see any but it was mid-day.

Chilliwack Lake rd, seen a few here in the last few weeks. Please ensure you know of the no shooting zones.

Chipmunk creek is another area, onto bench road. Havent seen that many up here but i do know there are some grouse in the area.

Vedder Mountain, have gotten grouse up here before. Again please be sure of the no shooting zone and cautious around the bike/hiking trails.

Thats all i can think of for the areas i've gottem em in the past..

Maybe someone else can chime in and provide a few FSR's that may have some grouse in the area.

Wick
10-25-2014, 12:00 AM
On Monday (5 days ago) my 10 year old son and I left our Richmond house at 3am and headed up to the Coquihalla Summit then turned down the Tulameen FSR, then up the Lawless FSR. I had a second muley tag to try to fill and he wanted to try grouse hunting. The deer hunting was tough for a quick day trip, but we saw 15 grouse and left 11 behind. Almost all Willowsand were very spooky, but there were plenty up there, particularly on the side roads heading north between the Murphy Lakes and Mt Henning. We left the area at 6:30pm and were home by 9:15.

Happily my boy thoroughly enjoyed his first hunting trip, bagged his first grouse, and loved my cooking the next night at home.

skuntor
10-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Good to hear to got some on the trip. Always easier to keep the little guys interested when you can take something ​home.

slainarrow
10-25-2014, 08:29 AM
Hello, I am new to the site but I thought I would chime in.. Ruby creek seen a few this year, also the dogwood area in Hope has seen a bit of grouse, other than that rock creek has always been good but not for a day trip.. Good luck.. happy shooting.

Big Buck Killer
10-25-2014, 02:24 PM
If you have a quad. you can climb up mt thurston or any of the other peaks off bench road in Chilliwack. Theres lots of grouse up there