PDA

View Full Version : Region 3-30 mule doe draw

plumberjustin
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Hello fellow members. In my second season of hunting, and little to show for it but a handful of grouse. I am loving gettin out and exploring new areas and searching for signs of various wildlife, definitely learning something new with each trip out. I have yet to spot any deer in my travels, but have found plenty of sign both old and new. I have a mule doe draw for November in mu 3-30. We are going to use a motel in Cache Creek as home base and will be exploring Loon Lake, Hihium and surrounding areas hoping to connect with a 4 pointer as well. I've not spent much time in the area, and am curious if there's better chances locating deer north or south of Loon Lake? Please, if you could be so courteous as to point a newbie in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, cheers.

Fido
10-21-2014, 08:28 AM
just stay at white moose resort on loon lake they will help you and send you in the right direction they are the nicest people you will meet and very helpful. it is the last resort on the lake close to hunting past the ranch which is very good.

Wentrot
10-21-2014, 08:31 AM
just stay at white moose resort on loon lake they will help you and send you in the right direction they are the nicest people you will meet and very helpful. it is the last resort on the lake close to hunting past the ranch which is very good.

x2, really any of the resorts on the lake will be great.

ElliotMoose
10-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Shouldn't have a problem filling a doe tag in that country. Especially that time of year

Getbent
10-21-2014, 09:58 AM
X3 on White Moose...only problem is, they may be closed for the season, last year my son and I were some of the last to stay and it was third week of Oct, we had to leave the water running so it wouldn't freeze. All of the other resorts were closed, and the moose shut down as soon as we moved into buddies cabin for the rest of the week.
You can always camp up top above the lake to the North, lots of game poles and fire pits set up out of the wind...great deer hunting up top above the lake...should be easy to drop a doe for sure...take your first left after the end of the ranch cattle gaurd and head on up...hike in on any trail and glass some of the cuts.

plumberjustin
10-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks all for your input. I've booked a room at sage hills motel in cache creek for a few days, first week of November. Very affordable, and not far from prime hunting territory. Be nice to have a hot shower after a long day in the bush.

white moose
10-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Your best bet, if your staying in cache is to drive up loon lake rd for about 10 km and make a left at the top of the big hill.