PDA

View Full Version : Venables Valley

Black Lab
10-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Most of my past hunting has been in the Chilcotin so I don't know of that many good spots to do a few day's of deer hunting. We've often noticed the turn off into Venables Valley and wondered what it would be like for deer hunting. Has anyone any experience in there ???

rides bike to work
10-20-2014, 08:59 PM
It's a good spot for mulies you should drive up there and take a look around.

10-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Been pounded by natives to close to spence's and cache , might be better for a last season hunt. Used to be better some thirty years back. Limited area, cattle range, easy access plus F N blasting every thing.

Good or luck though

Sofa King
10-20-2014, 10:24 PM
I used to make deliveries to a commune up in there years ago.
I think they've been logging up there, that usually shakes up some deer.

Wild one
10-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Don't waste your time deer numbers are poor

markomoose
10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
What's the matter with hunting the Chilcotin?You just looking to try something different?

Black Lab
10-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Love the Chilcotin, but we're looking to get away for just a few day's and close to home. I was told by a realtor in Ashcroft that a group of Hare Krishna live back there. Last I've heard about them was back in the 70's chanting and shaking their tambourines in the airports for money. Guess they did OK
What's the matter with hunting the Chilcotin?You just looking to try something different?

Wild one
10-22-2014, 09:44 AM
From someone who has spent most of the fall and winter in past years in this area look else where. Even when the snow pushes the deer down numbers are very poor