PDA

View Full Version : Moose in Cariboo Region 5 Middle Lake

VanCityPete
10-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Hey there Hunting BC Crowd. I'm a fairly new hunter and have focused in the past on Elk Hunting. This year I got a draw for a Moose in the area of souther Chilko Lake, Middle Lake etc. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the area? The east side of Middle Lake in the Cariboo appears to be nice looking area for Moose. I do have plans to fly in with a plane...anyone have any thoughts? I have a LEH for a bull moose.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

srupp
10-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Hmm they are around..however the grizzlies will be also..be bear aware...major rut wrapping up...be looking for willow and other food sources, been incredibly warm....hope you get some solid frost..
Cheers
Steven

chilcotin hillbilly
10-21-2014, 09:50 PM
What MU is your tag for?

VanCityPete
10-23-2014, 02:04 PM
What MU is your tag for?

Zone A of 5-04, Zone B of 5-04, or MU 5-05

chilcotin hillbilly
10-23-2014, 05:00 PM
You asked for Middle lake? the one in 5-5?

VanCityPete
10-23-2014, 09:47 PM
You asked for Middle lake? the one in 5-5?

Middle Lake, near Tatlayoko...

chilcotin hillbilly
10-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Check your regs that area is closed to moose hunting

VanCityPete
10-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Check your regs that area is closed to moose hunting

Check the first post. I have an LEH draw.

chilcotin hillbilly
10-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Once again check the regs the east end of Middle lake is closed to moose hunting.

This is to common of a problem, I often talk to resident hunters that only read part of the regulations.
I stopped and talked to a nice but dumb family awhile back glassing 3 goats on Potato Mtn. They said they were making a plan to take kill acouple of the goats in the morning. When I told them it was closed they told me to check the regs. I said "maybe you should, as there has never been a season there." I took their license plate number and photo of their truck and explained that the 2 nannies and one kid would have been illegal to kill any of the three. They did check again and found out i was right on both counts.Once again read your regs.

markomoose
10-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Sorry VanCityPete chilcotin hillbillys correct on all counts.

srupp
10-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Sorry VanCityPete chilcotin hillbillys correct on all counts.

Hmmmm yes unless he is dealing with Julie...then he is incorrect...lol
Wouldnt bet against Doug..he knows that area..
Steven

VanCityPete
10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Steven

I assumed he meant that there's no season, not that the area was specifically off limits for Moose per the regs. I'm not arguing, I'm asking for some local knowledge and I got it. Thanks Chilcotin Hillbilly. Will steer clear.

markomoose
10-26-2014, 04:48 PM
StevenUsually goes that way with most of our spouses.I have been super nice to my wife this past 2 weeks as I'm going hunting next week.If momma ain't happy no ones happy!