PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Mount Polley Mine Disaster........

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 08:59 AM
...this makes it look like a cake walk. And it is happening right now at Tumbler Ridge.
Read on.

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Why do I keep getting this frigging message every time I try to post the story. I can assure you that the message is considerably longer than 10 characters.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

adriaticum
10-20-2014, 09:05 AM
You are probably entering some special characters amd there is a bug in the software.

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 09:10 AM
You might be right there. I will check and delete some stuff and see if that works.
Thanks.

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Okay, instead of the whole story, you will have to follow the link.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/elk-valley-watershed-why-has-this-unfolding-disaster-largely-been-ignored/article21158283/

GrizGuy92
10-20-2014, 09:24 AM
it's funny how before you posted the link I tried googling for whatever this may be and nothing came up.

adriaticum
10-20-2014, 09:25 AM
The issue is globalization which is causing global devastation. Why should i care if you're dying of pollution in some place over there. I just want my cash.

Stresd
10-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Why do I keep getting this frigging message every time I try to post the story. I can assure you that the message is considerably longer than 10 characters.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I get the same error message at times. End up rebooting the site and it goes away ....... Til the next time. Gets frustrating.

Wentrot
10-20-2014, 09:38 AM
The issue is globalization which is causing global devastation. Why should i care if you're dying of pollution in some place over there. I just want my cash.

Sad but true

Vladimir Poutine
10-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Careful or you'll get labeled as someone who cares. Damned Pinko:wink:

budismyhorse
10-20-2014, 09:55 AM
This is a definite issue of interest don't get me wrong......but what Hume fails to mention in all his articles is that Teck is spending 100's of millions on figuring this issue out.

Its lifetimes of in-action away from being as bad as the story is written if you follow the science........and I do.

the reason this is coming out right now is the Gov't wants to show the world that they are doing something about a mining problem........to make up for dropping the ball with Mt Polley.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Valley+coal+mines+until+selenium+impact+resolved+e nvironment+minister+says/8134892/story.html

No one, from the Govt to Teck to the Mining Industry is taking this issue lightly.

Mark Hume (the pawn) is just stirring the pot to show action on the part of the govt........articles like this don't help anyone or anything, they just get everyone all excited and emotional.

adriaticum
10-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Careful or you'll get labeled as someone who cares. Damned Pinko:wink:

I am pretty confident that i don't belong in any group.
My opinions are just too unorthodox.

goatdancer
10-20-2014, 01:53 PM
This is a definite issue of interest don't get me wrong......but what Hume fails to mention in all his articles is that Teck is spending 100's of millions on figuring this issue out.

Its lifetimes of in-action away from being as bad as the story is written if you follow the science........and I do.

the reason this is coming out right now is the Gov't wants to show the world that they are doing something about a mining problem........to make up for dropping the ball with Mt Polley.

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Valley+coal+mines+until+selenium+impact+resolved+e nvironment+minister+says/8134892/story.html

No one, from the Govt to Teck to the Mining Industry is taking this issue lightly.

Mark Hume (the pawn) is just stirring the pot to show action on the part of the govt........articles like this don't help anyone or anything, they just get everyone all excited and emotional.

Articles like this get people's attention. They start to ask questions, as they should. Keeping it quiet will not generate the pressure needed to accelerate the research and get this potential disaster under control. I do not advocate ranting and raving. I do know that rational debate will help. Governments and big corporations need to be continually prodded to keep them on their toes.

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Are not the people downstream from Trail in Washington state bring suit to Teck over the mining pollution in the Columbia River.
Of course, no one is concerned about the Hanford nuclear reactor spewing radioactive waste into the river and atmosphere. It's coming and although the water flow to the ocean, the air will flow into BC in the Okanagan, Boundary and Kootenays.
Remember Chernobyl? The whistle was blown by the Finns when that event took place. A long way away from the actual event site.
***ushima will take the hit for Hanford as the US will pass any radioactivity on the west coast as originating from Japan.
I would ask Stewart Philips and the Okangan Nation Alliance why they are not suing the US for polluting their fish, fish that must pass through leaving and returning?
Two headed glow in the dark fish that swim in a circle.

Jagermeister
10-20-2014, 01:55 PM
F ukushima bloody hell Fu king out of this world.

goatdancer
10-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Are not the people downstream from Trail in Washington state bring suit to Teck over the mining pollution in the Columbia River.
Of course, no one is concerned about the Hanford nuclear reactor spewing radioactive waste into the river and atmosphere. It's coming and although the water flow to the ocean, the air will flow into BC in the Okanagan, Boundary and Kootenays.
Remember Chernobyl? The whistle was blown by the Finns when that event took place. A long way away from the actual event site.
***ushima will take the hit for Hanford as the US will pass any radioactivity on the west coast as originating from Japan.
I would ask Stewart Philips and the Okangan Nation Alliance why they are not suing the US for polluting their fish, fish that must pass through leaving and returning?
Two headed glow in the dark fish that swim in a circle.

There is a suit against Teck down in Washington. Teck was dumping toxic waste into the Columbia River for many decades.
The last info I read about Hanford was that a number of the waste storage facilities were slowly leaching into the river and not too much is being done to stop it. The total cost for the fix was many billions and none of the governments in the US have any money to spend on it. So Nero fiddles while Rome burns.

solo
10-20-2014, 05:59 PM
...this makes it look like a cake walk. And it is happening right now at Tumbler Ridge.
Read on.

What does this have to do with Tumbler Ridge?

eric
10-20-2014, 06:16 PM
^^^^^^^^ I was just going to ask the same question.
First time us folks up here, heard of it...:cry:

TrickleCharger
10-20-2014, 06:23 PM
I guess he got his locations mixed up. Either way, selenium is a concern in Tumbler as well and I heard about one of the mines there working to add a new treatment system last year some time. I think this guy pretty much summed things up.."It’s not a question of knowing better, it’s a question of not wanting to know. If policy makers would rather let egos, power and money stand in the way of protecting the environment, then they should be held responsible.”