PDA

View Full Version : Grouse in Chillwack area?

Gwarslave
10-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey,I'am new to hunting out this way and was wondering if there are any O.k areas around Cultus Lake/Chilliwack? I don't have a truck so the road can't be too bad. I know it's a long shot but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gone_Fishin_
10-18-2014, 11:27 PM
PM sent ....

itsy bitsy xj
10-19-2014, 01:09 AM
PM sent ....

How about sharing with all of us

BearStump
10-19-2014, 09:44 AM
gotta be carefull with the grouse honey holes. These elusive creatures only inhabit small pockets throughout the area and are a much sought after game bird...........

They're everywhere. I have the best luck with grouse at mid day on a nice day. they'll be pecking gravel from the lesser travelled fsr's.

Gone_Fishin_
10-20-2014, 10:13 AM
How about sharing with all of us

If he was asking for an "any area" i would have shared a few spots to find some. With living in Chilliwack and seeing less and less in the spots i used to find tonz (within a 15-20 min drive) i decided to share a pm with Gwarslave on some local locations where i've got them in the past. One road in particular i did not need spread all over the internet so when i show up next week there isn't an additional 10 vehicles in an area that can only handle one or two.

But since you asked... Chillwack Lake rd, giant secret area, Jones lake, Skagit Valley. Not lots but some grouse here and there.