PDA

View Full Version : archery deer #2 2014

jetboat jim
10-18-2014, 09:05 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/jetboatjimmy/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-10-12-08-46-43_zpsb41ecc46.png

Sat oct 11 , did not really want to hunt but I decided its close to home I'll dothis kept atike .
Not seeing much in my circut I decided to check a couple of lower spots and see if anything is moving in the rain that is beginning to fall , with it came a good stiff wind ......started off calm and foggy

I was watching a newer cut at the last 2 km of my area and spotted a 2x2 he looked at me and kept feeding, he was at 96 yards and in the open . I backed outand decided to try to move through the salal just to the left of him , he was down a steep bank and the path I chose was good cover but noisy , fortunately thewind and rain covered my clumbsy walking .

I managed to get to 35 yards when the deer spotted a coyote walking above him , this kept him occupied , enough for me to get into position.

He decided he didn't like the yote and moved closer tome at 26 yards , I decided to shoot as the deers head was covered by a small tree , I hit him high but it was a quarting away and down hill , I ended up spining him an catching the left lung ......

Heran up hill about 20 yards and died on the spot , it was over over in about 7 seconds after the arrowflew.

The skys opened up and it rained like you wouldnt believe .

It took my an hour to get him to the top of the hill ( by myself) and just about 2 hours to get him to the truck .

Deer # 2 this season and both with my bow.

jetboat jim
10-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Sorry for the second post , carpenters fingers and an 8" tablet are a tough combo

Sleep Robber
10-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Way to go Jim !! As I said "over there", your becoming a machine with that bow !!

Thanks for telling us how the hunt went down buddy.

Spy
10-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I think you shot Rudolf ;-) good job with a bow.