PDA

View Full Version : Chehalis River / Harrison

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 08:16 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows if the area below the Chehalis bridge on the Morris Valley road down to the Harrison confluence is huntable?
I can't seem to find anything to tell me that it is not.
I fish the area and wondering if it makes sense to bring a shotgun for some deer, maybe ducks.
The east side of the river is FN reserve so we probably can't hunt there. But the west side seems like it should be ok.
Anyone have any ideas?
lip_ripper?

Gone_Fishin_
10-15-2014, 08:40 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows if the area below the Chehalis bridge on the Morris Valley road down to the Harrison confluence is huntable?
I can't seem to find anything to tell me that it is not.
I fish the area and wondering if it makes sense to bring a shotgun for some deer, maybe ducks.
The east side of the river is FN reserve so we probably can't hunt there. But the west side seems like it should be ok.
Anyone have any ideas?
lip_ripper?

Would also like to know this if anyone can help out.. i;ve looked before but cant seem to find anything on it. On the Fraser Valley Special Area hunting map it shows you can use rifles or shotguns with single projectile permitted on basically the whole river except for the Indian Reserve to the west on the lower section/mouth. Also to the east is IR but there is a section inbetween the river and the reserve that allows single projectile.

Last year while coho fishing, walked in first light below the hatchery and had an average sized sow give me the stare down on the trail in pitch black for about 5 minutes. Made me wish i had my gun with me..

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Would also like to know this if anyone can help out.. i;ve looked before but cant seem to find anything on it. On the Fraser Valley Special Area hunting map it shows you can use rifles or shotguns with single projectile permitted on basically the whole river except for the Indian Reserve to the west on the lower section/mouth. Also to the east is IR but there is a section inbetween the river and the reserve that allows single projectile.

Last year while coho fishing, walked in first light below the hatchery and had an average sized sow give me the stare down on the trail in pitch black for about 5 minutes. Made me wish i had my gun with me..

You and I must be walking on the same trails. I do get lost every once in a while :mrgreen:
I don't believe this is in the FVSHA.

Gone_Fishin_
10-15-2014, 08:59 AM
5080Can't post pics off the work computer but if you look at the FVSHA it does show the Chehalis river on there.

Gone_Fishin_
10-15-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't believe this is in the FVSHA.[/QUOTE]

For some reason it is easier to see on my phone, on my computer it has the "warning box" covering the chehalis river name. You can just see the "lis River" under the warning box. This is the chehalis river. Just to the left of IR5, IR5a and IR4. Thats the tail end of the river and mouth.

[QUOTE=adriaticum;1552902]You and I must be walking on the same trails. I do get lost every once in a while :mrgreen:

i've run into a few lost fisherman over the years out there... so far none wearing a fur suit carrying a rod. lol

Big Lew
10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
There was an individual lost in there for quite some time once a few years ago.

edgar11
10-15-2014, 12:39 PM
The west side has a jail up there as well. It is a "no shooting zone" so you will need to check your maps for that too.

Edzzed
10-15-2014, 02:00 PM
The west side has a jail up there as well. It is a "no shooting zone" so you will need to check your maps for that too. There is a pic of that in the regs and if I recall there is no shooting within 800 meters. They are also logging up there and it is no shooting from one sign to the next sign.

itsy bitsy xj
10-15-2014, 02:28 PM
The west side has a jail up there as well. It is a "no shooting zone" so you will need to check your maps for that too.

That sounds more like Chilliwack river valley. it has the jails and 800 meter no shooting buffer

itsy bitsy xj
10-15-2014, 02:29 PM
From what I can see on the Special fraser valley hunting area map or whatevere its called the area the O/P asked about should be fine to hunt

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 02:34 PM

Yes this is on the chehalis fsr. But i am wondering about the river itself. Along the west bank of the river between the road and the river. Morris valley road. There is about the km between the two

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 03:21 PM
5080Can't post pics off the work computer but if you look at the FVSHA it does show the Chehalis river on there.

Yeah you're right. Somehow I thought Stave lake was the border, but I wasn't looking at the second page.

Edzzed
10-15-2014, 03:37 PM
I don't know if this link works. www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/.../region_2.pd... scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the last map. Talks of Elbow lake.
Region 2 – Lower Mainland (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.env.gov.bc.ca%2Ffw%2Fwildlife %2Fhunting%2Fregulations%2F1416%2Fdocs%2Fregion_2. pdf&ei=-fU-VKrqENSvyATLq4DgCQ&usg=AFQjCNFm9rUNHd57aySfDYkSt1bmsbVsLA&sig2=btn_HMMAlcGn565sQmiIOQ&bvm=bv.77648437,d.aWw)www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/.../region_2.pd...
For a more precise definition consult the BC Recreational Atlas, 6th edition. rePort all ... >Bowen Island No Shooting Area (MU 2-16). - contact ..... Elbow Lake.

Edzzed
10-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Try hitting the REGION 2 button. That should work with same deal, bottom of page.

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Try hitting the REGION 2 button. That should work with same deal, bottom of page.

Elbow lake is on Chehalis FSR, I know about this area and the prison camp.
BUt I'm talking about a different area.
Between morris valley road and the river below the bridge.

adriaticum
10-15-2014, 04:24 PM
I believe that the FVSAH map shows the particular area I am looking for as white firearms allowed. But it's a very thin strip of land around IR.
So I'm good.

Ryo
10-17-2014, 05:04 PM
The Chehalis River is covered by the FVSAH *map*, but a close reading of the text provides this: " A Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting License is required to hunt anywhere within provincial management unit 2-4 and those parts of MU 2-8 within Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission and Coquitlam"

Chehalis Valley is neither in MU 2-8, nor is it part of Mission.

So use the map for clarity on firearm restrictions, but the map does not provide adequate info on where the special license is required. The map in the larger regs (Map B10 in the lower mainland section) provides a true map of the FVSAH.

itsy bitsy xj
10-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Well go hunt there and if you get in trouble let us know. We won't help or bail you out but we will stand by and piont and laugh while you get hualed away.

itsy bitsy xj
10-17-2014, 05:58 PM
You'll be fine, and remember...God hates a coward