PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops moose rut

Steelpulse
10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
How's Moose activity for everyone in Kamloops area, firstblood and I were out the other day and saw a beautiful bull with 2 cows in a cut at 250 yards, we let out a cow call he immediately turned broad side to us and just starred at us, we had no leh tag so figured we would hold a gun above our head and pretend to be a bull, worked to about 100 yards and they took off, but if anyone is looking for a bull in 3-19b, a draw I would love to have I know we're an awesome bull is, rut seems to be going pretty good judging by those moose

caddisguy
10-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Not sure you need to do the gun on your shoulders thing to fool a moose... just a vehicle with roof racks j/k

I was watching a huge bull and two cows yesterday evening. I woke up this morning feeling under the weather. Figured we would head back up the mountain and try to whack a buck we saw last night. Drove up to the top and realized I was sick and it wasn't going to pass. Was heaving for a while on the side of the road and realized the moose were watching me toss my cookies. Got back in the jeep to pull off the road and rest for a bit. The moose were at about 250 yards. I pulled up about 10 yards and off to the side. The bull came in to about 150 and stared at us. For fun I pulled up another 10 yards. Challenge accepted, bull came all the way down about 40 yards away. That was plenty close, so no more screwing around. I watched this massive creature as he watched us as long as I could keep my eyes open. Passed out and left the gf on moose watch. Apparently they hung around for quite a while after.

The 5 hour drive home seemed like 3 days with my stomach twisting and turning. I kept thinking about how cool that bull was. It got me through it.

Ruffed
10-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear you were sick...that sucks. Sounds like an amazing moose experience though.