PDA

View Full Version : Whitetails in 3-30

heatherdaddy
10-13-2014, 10:19 AM
I am heading to Pressy lake for the weekend of Oct 17-19, and wondering if there is any point in buying a Whitetail tag? I know does are open and wondering if it there is some in that area.
Also not looking for anybodys spot but can someone point in the general area to get a Bear in that area. Looking to get one of those while I am in that area. My youngest daughter wants me to get a Wolf while out there, so if you can help me with that also it would be great, if not no big deal.
I figure if I can get a bear and a couple of deer, I will have a nice freezer full of meat.
Thanks

mike-juliet
10-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes buy a Whitetail tag, I see them from time to time North of Loon Lake. As for Bear, they pop up just about everywhere in 3-30, just have catch one in a slash and you are set.

Good Luck! I am heading up on the 17th as well

heatherdaddy
10-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Thanks, my friend and I managed to score a cabin from a guy on little green lake road, so we just wanted to know if they were around. Thanks and good luck

ZIGGY
10-13-2014, 03:31 PM
I have property in the general area you're asking about. I've seen Whitetails bouncing around up there. Especially along the dirt road that leads to Sheridan Lake (North) off the North Bonaparte Rd. Sorry, don't remember the actual name of the road itself. But then, that would no longer be 3-30. It would be 5-1 or even 3-39, I believe. As matt-jenkins says, the bears pop up everywhere. I've seen more bear around this year than in previous years. 3-30 has its good share of wolves. We see them every year hunting in 3-30. We're heading up on the weekend too.
Good luck!

bigredchev
10-13-2014, 04:36 PM
yes to WT, only does every though.

Bears are here and there for where i hunt, only ever seen the odd track.

Wolves are a major yes, but again never seen one just tracks.

Kill em all!