PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 whitetail-help needed

Redo
10-12-2014, 04:31 PM
My 6 year old daughter is really excited about getting out on a hunting weekend with me over the next couple of weekends. I know we will have a blast regardless of the outcome, however, I would love to bag a deer to really peak her interest. Problem is, I have already taken 2 from region 8 and will have to head to region 3. I really have no experience hunting in region 3 and I figure my best chances will be to find an area that holds both mulies and whitetails. I am all about filling the freezer and am not above taking a wt doe if it presents itself.

any suggestions within a couple of hours of kelowna would be appreciated. I was thinking the Falkland area but am open to other suggestions. Don't worry, I am not after your monster bucks, just good eats and a memorable experience for my girl.

Thanks in advance.

Steelpulse
10-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Anywhere around kamloops, lots of whitetails, hunt along the coq both sides between loops and merrit, as close as you can to the highway so 400m-10km away from road they are all around

Liveforthehunt
10-12-2014, 07:42 PM
There are areas closer don't have to drive as far as kamloops ... Kelly main, fly hills pm me and I'll help u out

ratherbefishin
10-12-2014, 10:30 PM
What's the closest place to try for a white tail coming from VI?

ratherbefishin
10-12-2014, 10:35 PM

bandit
10-12-2014, 11:31 PM

There's plenty of small pockets south of Meritt. But the best chances are north and east of Kamloops or Christina Lake to the south

ratherbefishin
10-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Anything around Princeton?I see plenty if deer driving on the highways but one of the biggest issues is to find Crown land to hunt on

crosshairs604
11-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm heading up to Lytton in a few days for white tail, I will be up the Laluwisson creek FSR for as far as we can go.

Is is the hunting for white tail good up there ? Where would be a good place to find them up there ?

Thank you.