PDA

View Full Version : Day trip thoughts

Cookie1965
10-11-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm planning to take my kids out for the day tomorrow. Leaving Vancouver early I was thinking about somewhere in the Yale Creek, Emory Creek, American Creek area. I'm sure there will be a bunch of other people there being a long weekend, but my kids want a day out with the chance of a grouse or 2, outside chance at a deer, a tailgate lunch, maybe some mid day fishing if there's a creek or lake to recommend? basically just a nice day out assuming the weather cooperates. Does anyone have any suggestions of areas to go to or avoid for us? Thanks all and happy thanksgiving!

ducktoller
10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Rain gear. I've found a lot less people if pouring rain.
Might be good for blacktail but that's all I'm hoping for since I'll be hunting till 12 up Harrison east way.

Cookie1965
10-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks that's a good point. Always have rain gear in the truck. I don't really know the area that well, any thoughts on where might be a good place to start?

Ferenc
10-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Boston bar ... East Anderson to Uztilius creek...then onto Merrit then home on the Coq.take a rod and fish by the beaver house you'll pass it can't miss it.. Saw 14 ruffed grouse in 17 km last Sunday

Cookie1965
10-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the idea!