PDA

View Full Version : Klappan and Red Chris Blockades and some campfire talk

ElectricDyck
10-10-2014, 07:57 PM
So we hit the 37 for some hunting and stopped at the Klappan blockade, all the hippies came out of their shelters, I pulled out the camera and they all went back in...in addition to the no hunting signs there's a big sign saying "No Cops Allowed!" I didn't have the patience to talk to anyone or the hope that they were interested in an intelligent conversation..Red Chris is also blocked..We heard one guy had talked to Dease RCMP who said there was nothing they could do as if they arrested them there would be another family there the next day....

All other roads seemed to be open. We talked to numerous hunters from what we heard there is one family in the Tahltans that causes a lot of problems and others that have to sneek around the road block to get to work at the mine.....

We heard talk of indians smashing trucks up on the Klappan and threatening people, even another indians truck while he had hiked up the eaglenest trail for sheep, we heard of whole caribou heards getting shot and 1/2 left behind, we saw a calf moose standing in a pond in one spot all day while ravens flew overhead, latter hearing an indian had shot the cow a day earlier, told one guy it was a bull but buddy was curious and found the cows head hidden under the gut pile after he had gotten curious. Heard of a trucker arrested for trying to break through the Kitiwanga road block, owner operator trying to do his job.

Every hunter expressed disgust with the current situation and all were trying to find an outlet to express there feelings on the ongoing and worsening reality of a two tiered justice system.

Unfortunately I lost my camera in a long willow bash so I don't have any pics...I'm sure this thread will be closed as I don't think it's possible to discuss this topic without any emotion or "racism" but I was frustrated and wanted to share some info...

Livinlarge
10-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Hippies caused our group to change our planned location. Didn't ruin our hunt but definitely threw a wrench in it. My view on these certain individuals that directly impacted my life has changed from tolerating to loathing. I've got no time for individuals like this. What I do have time for is planning next years hunt on the klappan rail grade! Their illegal tactics won't deter me, in fact it makes me want to come back and harvest one of "their" moose even more.

boxhitch
10-10-2014, 08:32 PM
good to hear some of the story from ground zero.

LYKTOHUNT
10-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Well you are correct there is no way to talk about this without emotion or racism as we are all passionate about what we do as hunters and as long as there is a division between what one race of people can and cannot do as compared to another race there will be racism. I commend you for going and confronting the illegal obstacles they presented you and other law abiding citizens
I find it very disturbing that the RCMP has no stomach for arresting law breakers simply because there are more than "one family' breaking the law but i suppose that is a problem within our government not having the fortitude to stand up for what is right and just. I believe that if my and other families who happened to be white or maybe Asian or European or what ever they would find the resources to arrest as many families as it took to dismantle what ever road blocks we deemed important to set up.
I wish I had an answer to this problem as I am becoming more racist every time I see this division in terms of what one race of people can do as compared to another.

Sofa King
10-10-2014, 09:02 PM
it's sickening how afraid the government is of the Indians.
and then they arrest people for just trying to go to work.
i've witnessed this stuff first hand.
report something to the police, and they ask if the person is indian or white.
they won't even respond to the call if it's an indian.

ElectricDyck
10-10-2014, 09:11 PM
it's sickening how afraid the government is of the Indians.
and then they arrest people for just trying to go to work.
i've witnessed this stuff first hand.
report something to the police, and they ask if the person is indian or white.
they won't even respond to the call if it's an indian.

Yes I think it's a lot like the crack head criminals on the down town east side. I did a reno on the colombia hotel for 2 months and saw a lot of crap. The local police looked away while driving through there. I think I would too. There is no justice. Can't punish those with nothing to lose and no judges appetite to punish them.

LYKTOHUNT
10-10-2014, 09:20 PM
I wonder if there are any law enforcement people on this site that can or want to respond to the allegations that law enforcement do not seem to have the fortitude or maybe the mandate to enforce what I am sure to the rest of us seems like the obvious course of action that being upholding the law as it should apply to everyone regardless of color.
Do not get me wrong I respect what the RCMP does in general, it may be that their hands are tied in terms of actions they can take. Please be clear I am not a cop basher,maybe a policy basher but for sure not a cop basher.

ElectricDyck
10-10-2014, 09:29 PM
I've hunted with a couple RCMP now and my take is that they do what they are told so if you wanna complain it's best to shout at the politicians. The Dease RCMP were telling peple to complain their MLA. But in the words of some dudes from Terrace we talked to " I ain't no f#ckin politician! I work, i got no time for that sh#t!" The consensus was we block the roads into the indian towns to get some media attention and exert some aggression.

LYKTOHUNT
10-10-2014, 09:42 PM
I've hunted with a couple RCMP now and my take is that they do what they are told so if you wanna complain it's best to shout at the politicians. The Dease RCMP were telling peple to complain their MLA. But in the words of some dudes from Terrace we talked to " I ain't no f#ckin politician! I work, i got no time for that sh#t!" The consensus was we block the roads into the indian towns to get some media attention and exert some aggression.
I get that and agree we must complain to the politicians but I cant help but wonder what would happen to the "dudes" that have to work that might put up road blocks into indian towns, I am pretty sure they could find enough jail space to accommodate all those who oppose and block natives from their "indian towns"

southsider
10-11-2014, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=LYKTOHUNT;1551519]I get that and agree we must complain to the politicians but I cant help but wonder what would happen to the "dudes" that have to work that might put up road blocks into indian towns, I am pretty sure they could find enough jail space to accommodate all those who oppose and block natives from their "indian towns"[/

me and my son are the biggest idiots to! We had to turn around too, because of the road block.
I don't know why we did this? We spend lots of money to get there, and take holidays from our jobs, had a legal hunting Licence , the road is legally open to hunt, and we let ourselves get turned away by a few Indians....unbelievable
Our system sucks!

BromBones
10-11-2014, 09:31 AM
The part that grinds my gears is that none of these natives would ever access their traditional sacred areas if the railgrade had never been built by us white guys. And maybe they forget that it was mining/industry that built the klappan road through the pass into the valley.

I say we nuke the Klappan bridge. That way if they want to reach their 'sacred headwaters' anymore, they can damn well walk. It's only 140 km, I'm sure they wont object. :)

Bluedsteel
10-11-2014, 06:55 PM
It is extremely frustrating that we continue to allow the indians to rule over the majority of Canadians. What's going to happen when no one wants to invest in places like Dease lake and we stop maintaining the highways. These people forget how bad the mud pit of a highway was before the mines started setting up shop.

40incher
10-11-2014, 07:55 PM
I encourage everyone on this site to check out the "hippies" website. They are a bunch of unemployed snow boarders/surfers who can't tell moose tooth scrapes on poplars from grizzly claw marks. They have site called "beyondboarding", not sure if it's dot com or whatever but just google beyondboarding.

What a farce, and the cops do nothing!?

Just checked the site address it's beyondboarding.org and click on "Follow our Northern BC Journey". Be prepared to barf, or laugh out loud, what a bunch of lazy low-life kooks ...

Cordillera
10-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately the law does not prevent people from putting up blockades. So the RCMP can't just arrest people. Same rules would apply if you blocked a road somewhere. Someone who is affected has to seek an injunction and usually an enforcement order. Imperial has both, but they had to follow the process and the order comes into force next week.

Very painful but that's one of the costs of being in a democracy. The process takes time but usually these things will grind their way to a logical conclusion.

bandit
10-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I've hunted with a couple RCMP now and my take is that they do what they are told so if you wanna complain it's best to shout at the politicians. The Dease RCMP were telling peple to complain their MLA.
I wrote a stern complaint to my mla a few weeks back. He replied with a pfo. Apparently politicians have no say in how or when the law gets enforced, it's entirely up to the RCMPs discretion. He said the best thing to do is write to the RCMP demanding a formal explanation. Pm me if you want a copy of the letter, it was very long winded and completely washed hands of any sympathy or responsibility.

DoubleDD
10-11-2014, 09:22 PM
There are many rules and many laws for the RCMP to enforce. The road blocks are caused by protesters claiming this and that. As is this one which has been provoked by protester to whom aren't even local to the area. But are they right to look out for the rest of us as they state there concern is another MT Polly spill? As Cordillera states The RCMP have to waite for the enforcement action from our courts of Canada. The RCMP are peace officer and this falls under civil matters. It is up the government to change or settle the laws of aboriginal rights and land issues. As always a tough issue dealing with this stuff.

ElectricDyck
10-13-2014, 07:59 PM
The problem is there is no political appetite for any confrontation with indians or hippies as the media has jumped all over any confrontation critiziing the law. I bet you if we blocked a road to a reservation in the morning in protest of land claims we would be arrested and in jail by noon. I'd love to try it but unfortunately a criminal record would put an end to my Mexico vacations...not to mention I'm sure hunters can't scrape up enough lawyer sympathy money to fight in the courts like the hippies can.

jackson13
10-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Remember everyone that our best and brightest are not in the RCMP. Their training and their intelligence does not match the responsibility they are given. Keep them to writing traffic tickets and things will be fine. Their skills are limited.

striperjack
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
The part that grinds my gears is that none of these natives would ever access their traditional sacred areas if the railgrade had never been built by us white guys. And maybe they forget that it was mining/industry that built the klappan road through the pass into the valley.

I say we nuke the Klappan bridge. That way if they want to reach their 'sacred headwaters' anymore, they can damn well walk. It's only 140 km, I'm sure they wont object. :)

I agree, Never was an issue prior. Now with the road they can just drive and kill everything in sight and blame the whiteman for lack of wildlife