PDA

View Full Version : Callaghan Lake Region 2-6?

Golddust
10-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi guys,

Its my first time posting, I'm relatively new to hunting and when I've been out I've only been up in region 5. I want to go out with my brothers, who have never been, sometime soon. My uncle recommended Callaghan Lake to us. I was looking on some maps and it looks like its right on the border of 2-6 or 2-11 does anyone know for certain?

Anyways, if we go up do you think we'll see any deer/grouse?

Cheers http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.png

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,

Its my first time posting, I'm relatively new to hunting and when I've been out I've only been up in region 5. I want to go out with my brothers, who have never been, sometime soon. My uncle recommended Callaghan Lake to us. I was looking on some maps and it looks like its right on the border of 2-6 or 2-11 does anyone know for certain?

Anyways, if we go up do you think we'll see any deer/grouse?

Cheers http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.png

Beautiful place but it's changed a lot since the Olympics. More developed and the park is more used.

Lots of good deer all along the 99, just gotta get pretty high

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Border shouldn't matter with deer and bear most of the year.

lovemywinchester
10-09-2014, 01:31 PM

Not a problem in Whistler!:wink:

Golddust
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Beautiful place but it's changed a lot since the Olympics. More developed and the park is more used.

Thanks for the info ducktoller!

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the info ducktoller!

I'm a newer hunter but grew up using that region for skiing and hiking and camping.
Pemberton area is more abundant but there is a big project going on the upper lilloet fsr. Squamish and elaho fsr are also nice places.

Lots of active hauling so drive safe and sadly you get some bad drivers too, I'd avoid squamish on a sunny long weekend but other times it is great and quiet.

Remember too it is grizz cougar and monster blackie country. Lots of rec users so be careful, and make us look good :)

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 05:38 PM
And bring your hiking boots

You'll need them!

Golddust
10-09-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm a newer hunter but grew up using that region for skiing and hiking and camping.
Pemberton area is more abundant but there is a big project going on the upper lilloet fsr. Squamish and elaho fsr are also nice places.

Lots of active hauling so drive safe and sadly you get some bad drivers too, I'd avoid squamish on a sunny long weekend but other times it is great and quiet.

Remember too it is grizz cougar and monster blackie country. Lots of rec users so be careful, and make us look good :)

Safety first always, including driving. The only places I've been up hunting before were in region 5, so I'm all too aware of the danger of black bears and grizzlies.

Also, just checked the map again as you said the peaks by 99. What do you think about heading up around Mt. Brew and Tricourni Peak?

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Safety first always, including driving. The only places I've been up hunting before were in region 5, so I'm all too aware of the danger of black bears and grizzlies.

Also, just checked the map again as you said the peaks by 99. What do you think about heading up around Mt. Brew and Tricourni Peak?

Haven't hunted enough to give you specific peaks. Club tread has lots for trails into areas. Obvs don't hunt the trail but it beats climbing through trees to glass

Look up proguide66 on here he is the undisputed sea to Sky blacktail master

Golddust
10-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Haven't hunted enough to give you specific peaks. Club tread has lots for trails into areas. Obvs don't hunt the trail but it beats climbing through trees to glass

Look up proguide66 on here he is the undisputed sea to Sky blacktail master

Right on, will do. Again, thanks for the information!

the hopper
10-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Also I think the whistler municiple boundary extends about 5k from hwy 99 into the Callaghan valley and they have some strange rules
I think there's a 100m from centre line special no shooting arrows or lead bylaw.
not that it matters if your way up at the lake, but don't blast a road chicken or a huge something else in the muni or the village people will get you!