PDA

View Full Version : Cranbrook wt doe hunting

unclevarda
10-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Hey all! My beleagued brother-in-law just had his fourth kid and has been giving ONE long weekend this year to hunt period. He's only been hunting once before with me last year. I figure his best bet is to head for wt does in cranbrook area. Living is getting expensive these days, and I hope to be able to help him put some protein in his freezer. We are going to head up tomorrow.

This shouldn't be that hard, I don't think, but I don't know anything of the area. Any suggestions?

riflebuilder
10-09-2014, 05:15 AM
Pick a direction any direction and you will find the prairie rats they are everywhere. If you can't find any come to my place there is about 40 in the field every night.

sawmill
10-09-2014, 05:15 AM
PM sent.Give me a call.

sawmill
10-09-2014, 05:16 AM
Pick a direction any direction and you will find the prairie rats they are everywhere. If you can't find any come to my place there is about 40 in the field every night.

Can I come too?:mrgreen:

allan
10-09-2014, 06:57 AM
He's got four kids and one long weekend to hunt!? I've got to show this to my wife!!
My 4th is 8 weeks old today and I'm still trying to get permission to hunt this year.
I hope you connect with a wt when you get out.
Think of how much more hunting your getting in then other guys in his same situation:)

Mikey Rafiki
10-09-2014, 07:01 AM
He's got four kids and one long weekend to hunt!? I've got to show this to my wife!!
My 4th is 8 weeks old today and I'm still trying to get permission to hunt this year.
Think of how much more hunting your getting in then other guys in his same situation:)

Im sure if you took the other 3 with you the wife would be fine with you going out :)

PM sent re: doe.

allan
10-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Im sure if you took the other 3 with you the wife would be fine with you going out :)

PM sent re: doe.
I prefer archery over gun hunting, my oldest are 7,5, 20 months. I don't know how to keep them from falling out of my tree stand with me, or to keep em quiet while still hunting moose and elk. However I might be able to utilize the 20 month olds screaming as a predator call though.....

sawmill
10-09-2014, 07:48 AM

Permission?????????
Sighs,walks away shaking his head sadly...................

J_T
10-09-2014, 07:51 AM
I raised 4 boys in the EK. Used to take them two at a time into the tree stand. And sometimes all 4 of them for a walk in the forest. All boys love to climb trees, that wasn't difficult at all. 3 tree stands, sitting side by side. Spent some wonderful times there with them.

The boys always carried their bows with them. While we learned to track and observe sign, they shot a lot of great stumps. It's a wonderful way to spend time.

Liveforthehunt
10-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Allan you know you don't have to have a kid every time you have sex you know ;) lol

Fisher-Dude
10-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Hey all! My beleagued brother-in-law just had his fourth kid and has been giving ONE long weekend this year to hunt period. He's only been hunting once before with me last year. I figure his best bet is to head for wt does in cranbrook area.

I figure his best bet is to get a vasectomy!

Take Sawmill up on his offer. That old bugger is my whitetail-slaying hero!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-09-2014, 08:23 AM
I'd rather give up sex than give up hunting.
In fact, I'm 'almost' there.:???:

SSS

elkaholk
10-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Head south on gold creek road.. when you hit teepee creek Rd hang a right and your in some good wt country

Good luck..

J_T
10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I'd rather give up sex than give up hunting.
In fact, I'm 'almost' there.:???:

SSS A great friend and wise bowhunter told me a few years ago, "don't be so worried about sex, the passion for sex will wane long before the passion to hunt". He's 75 this year, still sitting in a treestand at -30, and still taking deer with his self-bow and a rock pointed arrow.

unclevarda
10-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Well son of a gun, how is this for his first deer?

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag199/unclevarda/unnamed_zps8b78065d.jpg (http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/unclevarda/media/unnamed_zps8b78065d.jpg.html)

and a couple does come back with us as well

Thanks a lot everyone! Ended up with our original plan, but we were one day away from take you all up on those spots.

bigneily
10-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Excellent , Good buck

P-17
10-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Outstanding first deer. You guys in the Kootenays certainly live in beautiful hunting country. I've only been through there on family camps in the summer. Hopefully, one of these years I'll be able to hunt out there.

luckofthedraw
10-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Congrats. Glad you put something in the freezer with him.