PDA

View Full Version : Hunters in 3-38 be careful of night poachers

1 shot 1 kill
10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
we had camped out for 4 days up in 3-38 couple different spots from Dixon to South Barrier area, each and every night from wed to sun morning we would see trucks, or UTVs going by camp after 8pm until 2-3am and heard big bore shots all night long, we found in different blocks 3 dead doe's left whole! just be careful of where you camp if heading that way,...
our camp had a successful hunt with a few really nice bucks coming home with us,..but I will get my pics off camera and do up a blurb about the hunts in a couple days once back home from work..

10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Sounds like some traditional harvesting to me...:evil:

mike-juliet
10-08-2014, 02:09 PM
I think I've been reading almost as many "beware of" threads as i have successstories this fall on here... Really disappointing.

adriaticum
10-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Not to worry, it's for food and ceremonial purposes.

Darksith
10-08-2014, 02:23 PM
you should report it. There is lots of traditional hunting in some of my spots...mostly the white looking kind of traditional hunters, but the rez isn't too far away...

Was talking to another fella that was "helping" with the traditional harvest of cow moose, he said they said they simply taste better, thats why they shoot cows...amazing.

Singleshotneeded
10-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Be careful, a lot of those traditional hunters are partially drunk...especially the ones riding in the truck boxes shooting everything that moves.

Grousedaddy
10-08-2014, 03:48 PM
**** any oppertunitty to bash a native you all jump right on it this site has HUGE racial issues never seen so many stereotypical and racist remarks on a single website should change the name to huntingwith the klan.ca just sick

Liveforthehunt
10-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Yea they aren't all bad I have a couple native friends both hunt by the book nothing illegal at all .... Shouldn't jump to conclusions about fn

canadiancon
10-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Pretty hard to not jump to conclusion when most of the time people are correct. If they would
conduct themselves properly there would be no problems

303savage
10-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Are F.N. people allowed to pit lamp?

Grousedaddy
10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Yes 303 savage they are aloud

yamadirt 426
10-08-2014, 04:48 PM
These poachers are scum plain and simple

r106
10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Are F.N. people allowed to pit lamp?

It's my understanding that the answer is no, but there are 2 bands that are aloud to do it. One on Van Island and one on the north coast somewhere. I remember seeing a court ruling that said as much. But I have been wrong before.

No matter the race, it's wrong

Caretaker
10-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Any one who shoots and leaves wildlife in the slash to rot, no matter F.N. or whatever, should never be aloud to hunt again, man if you want to target practise shoot a flippin stump, and people wunder why there is a shortage of deer in certain areas, you dont have to be a brai surgeon to figure it out, and yes the F.N. people can do just about anything they want when ever they want.its just not right, but our government has no backbone and thats the way it is. And this is not racist it is the truth.

Mathil
10-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I couldn't care less how an animal is harvested. Pit lamps, calls, doe scents, decoys, etc etc all give man an advantage. Who's to say lights at night are any worse than calling a horny buck in, making it think it's getting laid?

Having said that, I'm 100% for harvesting legally. Gaslighting is illegal, although I think FN can pretty do what they want on their traditional lands without much consequence.

Leaving meat to rot is horrible, and the people responsible for the waste should be given a harsh lickin' by the law.

406elcamino
10-08-2014, 05:52 PM
"so long as they are on their traditional land there is nothing that can be done" thats words from my CO neighbor he said all you can do is report it and do your part.

Darksith
10-08-2014, 06:17 PM
report it, as it might not be FN...CO's should know whats going on. Im sure that killing and leaving an animal is illegal no matter who does it. I wonder if it was the same people...you never know who makes a mistake and then leaves it, doesn't necessarily have to be the night runners

birdee
10-08-2014, 07:08 PM
report it they might get shunned,,oooooh

Drillbit
10-08-2014, 07:31 PM
I could care less if somebody NEEDS meat and pitlamps an animal, good for them.

But to drive around shooting deer (daylight or dark) and leaving them, un-acceptable to me.

Bugle M In
10-08-2014, 08:04 PM
report it, as it might not be FN...CO's should know whats going on. Im sure that killing and leaving an animal is illegal no matter who does it. I wonder if it was the same people...you never know who makes a mistake and then leaves it, doesn't necessarily have to be the night runners

Yup, if it ain't FN, CO's may look into it.
If it was FN, nothing will be done....not racist, just a true sad fact.
Only reason FN is brought up, is that they don't have to play by the same rules, which IMO, isn't helping wildlife management.
If all had to play by the same rules, and all illegal activity was prosecuted the same way, I'm pretty sure FN wouldn't even come into the sentence for anyone
who replies to threads in this forum.
If all were prosecuted the same, and people still made FN comments, then that is racist!
I've met some really nice FN's over the years, just like the rest of the hunters out there.
But then again I've seen some pretty crappy stuff happening from both sides of the fence as well.
Difference is I can report some, others I can report, but it WILL BE IGNORED.

eaglesnester
10-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Are F.N. people allowed to pit lamp?I think they should be allowed to as long as they knap their own arrowheads, make their own arrows and bows and use torches like they did back in the day. Harvest away for food and ceremonial purposes. One law for everybody period.

RINO
10-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Royalty By Birth...
Great Britain has little George...
Canada has little Charley...

Through the ages what credentials do either of these two boys have to warrant such Special treatment...

Midland
10-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Pardon me? Where does it say they are allowed?

RadHimself
10-09-2014, 09:44 AM
you think its racist ?

Grouse daddy give your flippin head a shake.

Monday night i passed two loaded crew cab fords on my way outta the bush coming down mowing machine heading for the douglas lake road gate, family of FN in each truck... camo'd out guns in hand @ 8pm

i was with my gf on a tour through the burn on top to stuart main, spent the afternoon glassing. came down Brennan creek onto whiteman and over after sunset headin for the hwy.

you tell me whats racist, i spent every weekend as a kid growing up out that way.. I concider the whole whiteman basin my homerange.

ive seen more loaded trucks on the way down the mountain as im heading up @ 4am then i care to admit.

although its not as bad as george creek/pratt lake/monte-glimpse... those boys over there dont piss around. old 3 ton ford flat deck, sawed off truck cab on the deck behind the cab and a pto winch... whatever they cant reel in they leave....

FN at its finest

fun2ride0
10-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Same rules should apply to all hunters.....period. Maybe the CO'S should have a few midnight stakeouts.

adriaticum
10-09-2014, 10:05 AM
The question here boys is what is each of us prepared to do with our MLAs and your MPs about it?
Are we prepared to take the BS excuse "the rights are guaranteed" by some act/piece of paper.
Or are we willing to demand that this piece of paper be torn up and new one written?

RadHimself
10-09-2014, 10:07 AM
good luck.... this province is f*cked...

maybe if i had something to offer them... like a retirement package it might get somewhere

adriaticum
10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
good luck.... this province is f*cked...

maybe if i had something to offer them... like a retirement package it might get somewhere

Resignation is never the answer.

poper
10-09-2014, 11:13 AM
MLA or MPs won't do a thing about it,it's being going for years and years and nothing has been done and nothing will.Its just the way it is and will never change.

adriaticum
10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
MLA or MPs won't do a thing about it,it's being going for years and years and nothing has been done and nothing will.Its just the way it is and will never change.

They won't, if we maintain status quo and sit on our asses and do nothing.
Nobody has made this an issue yet.

We have once witnessed FNs in the act of snagging fish on the rez. My fishing buddy called the cops and all of their gear was confiscated.
Unless we make it an issue, it won't be an issue.

303savage
10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
"the rights are guaranteed"
I agree with FN rights being guaranteed BUT NOT USING OUR TECHNOLOGY.
As soon as they start using firearms, motor vehicles ETC. they should have to follow the same rule as us.
No ifs ands or buts

Bugle M In
10-09-2014, 12:47 PM
The question here boys is what is each of you prepared to do with your MLAs and your MPs about it?
Are you prepared to take the BS excuse "the rights are guaranteed" by some act/piece of paper.
Or are you willing to demand that this piece of paper be torn up and new one written?
I respect your opinion here....
but theFN now have money!.
mla and mp now try to get into FN pockets to help pay for their election.
Good luck getting those same mla etc to listen.
what is needed first is a list of all mla who support FN on just such causes.
mla only really listen to the lobbyist groups who give them the numbers to get in.
happens with other groups as well, not just FN.

ducktoller
10-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I agree with FN rights being guaranteed BUT NOT USING OUR TECHNOLOGY.
As soon as they start using firearms, motor vehicles ETC. they should have to follow the same rule as us.
No ifs ands or buts

Isn't that the same argument that anti people use on hunters, besides trade occurred before colonization giving access to firearms before loss of traditional land

howa1500
10-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Isn't that the same argument that anti people use on hunters, besides trade occurred before colonization giving access to firearms before loss of traditional land

But I'm not hunting for "tradition or ceremony" but for food.

Hunting for historic reasons, should be done through historic methods. Just like bow hunters get an early season, before the rifle guys come and scare everything away.. bwahahahah

Bugle M In
10-09-2014, 02:08 PM
But I'm not hunting for "tradition or ceremony" but for food.

Hunting for historic reasons, should be done through historic methods. Just like bow hunters get an early season, before the rifle guys come and scare everything away.. bwahahahah

Yup, that gives room for thought???!!!

But, FN speaks for their Rights Solely based upon the word "TRADITION".
Getting back to the "traditional rights" is what I always see and hear phrased!
Don't recall .50 canons for whale hunting being handed out in the day??
And Traditional methods meant also keeping with conservation methods.
Fish wheels...not nets gill nets across the entire river.
I suspect that why us NON FN, using rifles and modern bows have to stick to rules.
If we all had to us spears and gut string slingers, there might be no need for hunting regs as success would be way way down.

J_T
10-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Well, I need to chime in here. I too have always kind of felt this sort of 'activity' was simply FN exorcising their rights and the privilidges that they currently have here.

Until recently.

I was talking to my son, and wondering, if, where he lives, he's going to get out hunting. I want and hope that he continues to follow his passion and hunts, even though he's not around people he grew up hunting with. He bought his licence, moose, elk, wt deer and mule deer tags.

He commented that it is difficult to find a hunting partner. While lots of young guys hunt, very few buy a licence and tags. Until he physically sees their licence and a tag, he won't agree to go hunting with them.

He works in the bush and when I talked to him about violators, he said, "no Dad, I'm not talking about FN. I'm talking about young 'white' guys out killing without licence or tags".

I took his comments as those from my son. With the utmost credibility.

Wild one
10-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, I need to chime in here. I too have always kind of felt this sort of 'activity' was simply FN exorcising their rights and the privilidges that they currently have here.

Until recently.

I was talking to my son, and wondering, if, where he lives, he's going to get out hunting. I want and hope that he continues to follow his passion and hunts, even though he's not around people he grew up hunting with. He bought his licence, moose, elk, wt deer and mule deer tags.

He commented that it is difficult to find a hunting partner. While lots of young guys hunt, very few buy a licence and tags. Until he physically sees their licence and a tag, he won't agree to go hunting with them.

He works in the bush and when I talked to him about violators, he said, "no Dad, I'm not talking about FN. I'm talking about young 'white' guys out killing without licence or tags".

I took his comments as those from my son. With the utmost credibility.

There does seem to be a lot more scum of all colours poaching. First I have heard the young guys who don't buy tags but every year I hear about big bucks shot at night, animals shot just before or after season, over bag limit and the list goes on. A lot of these are not FN.

There are areas FN are bad but no lack of other poaching as well. Only difference is 1 can be charged but is almost never caught.

Singleshotneeded
10-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Lol, and here I was after checking that the buck was down that my son shot, scampering back to my vehicle because I'd realized I'd left my licence there...and I needed to cancel the tag NOW! I agree with the guys that say that the indians' traditional hunt for food should be with traditional weapons...the bow and spear. If they use rifles then they're using modern tech and should have to follow the regs like Canadians of every other colour.

1 shot 1 kill
10-09-2014, 04:03 PM
just to clarify, I forgot to mention that yes it was reported, pictures of the animals taken to show very clear bullet holes in them, boot track imprint photos taken, as well as tire tread...my previous employment taught me well...
I just thought i would let people know to be safe out there, as these things seem to be happening far more frequently then when i was a kid growing up, there doesn't seem to be the same respect for wildlife and the harvest of them for food than there used to be.
was it someone blasting deer in the hopes it was a young buck in the general GOS and then realized they were doe's?
or was it more meat then needed so left to feed the scavengers?
or simply like what happened in 3-26 a couple years ago where some idiots were shooting game for some sick twisted sense of fun?
either way, it is just wrong plain and simple. if i didn't have my kids with me i would have gone to investigate and make attempts to obtain plate numbers..but sometimes family safety has to come first.

Phreddy
10-10-2014, 09:10 PM
I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one. If I get sucked in to make any more comments than I did a few minutes ago I'll be banned from the site for life.