PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Kamloops area

B-rad
10-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Just wondering if any one else seeing whitetail around the area,,,just checked one of my areas and they dropping in elevation,,,,just in time for basically any whitetail in 3 days,,,,seen 4 does,,but no bucks yet

lovemywinchester
10-08-2014, 05:13 AM
My buddy shot one the other day. Standing in the middle of the road. Staring at him for long enough to id it, mull it over, walk back to the truck, get the gun and shoot it.
In the areas I hunt the stay all year round. They never leave as far as I can tell. No migration up or down. Just always there. Tracks and sheds all winter where we hunt in the fall.

I have seen does as well but no bucks yet myself but that will change this weekend hopefully.

Liveforthehunt
10-08-2014, 06:11 AM
Lots around in the right spots I have taken a few whiteys in 3 over the years but I hunt it late for mule deer and stumble across them I did notice that regardless of the snow they move lower come around mid November to where I see them. Be persistent and you will be successful with a little luck that buck will poke his head out

M.Dean
10-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Well, I can tell you where there ain't any White Tail Deer, and that's in 3-27, right where's I live and hunt! A man be a dam fool to waste good hunt'in time look'in for Whities around here, yep, a dam fool! Lot's in 3-28, 3-29, 3-30, any wheres but here! For that matter, ain't no Deer of any kind in theses parts any how! Good luck hunt'in, and wish you luck in any area but "Mine" 3-27!!

:smile:

SR80
10-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Im pretty sure the whitetailed buck is just an old myth around here...

Grousedaddy
10-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Ive started looking for wt around here but ive yet to see a buck just a couple of does maybe this year will be the year!

BigfishCanada
10-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Whitetail in my area are hit or miss, you dont buy a tag and you see them, you do buy a tag and you dont? In all seriousness, i havent seen any this year which is odd?

CBH
10-08-2014, 02:17 PM
In my opinion, the whitetails are in pockets. Unlike the mule deer where you can go in any direction and find them everywhere. Summer scouting and trail camera's have helped me locate the pockets of whitetails. I also find that they do not move much in elevation through out the year in the area I hunt them.

B-rad
10-08-2014, 08:15 PM
i spotted first whitetail buck of the huntin season this morning,,,,,a tiny 2 point,,,,,,up top barnhartvale on Campbell range,,,,,,couldn't pull trigger on him cause he was bout 50yards on the other side of a fence that was well labelled "NO SHOOTING",,,,am not to worried though,,,,been seeing a fair amount whitetail around now,,,,,falkland--Westwold,,,,,Douglas lk plateau,,,,,barnhartvale,,,,,Shuswap,,,,Luis creek,,,,,and grass lands above Pritchard,,,,,i been hearing stories they up above west side also(black pines) but I have not seen yet or have proof,,,,,I also noticed now that the ranchers are rounding up the cattle(free range) there is definatly more deer movement now

hare_assassin
10-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Saw a little buck out Agate bay way, on private land of course. It looked about the size of a great Dane. That's it, though.

RBooth
10-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Definitely no whitetail in the Kamloops area.

krazy
10-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Find them same way as any other rat ....... ;)

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Deer_Mouse_Trap.JPG

Islandeer
10-11-2014, 09:13 AM
lol!!!!! cheese works too....

B-rad
10-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Seen one doe yesterday morning,,,,will wait till next week to get out again