PDA

View Full Version : Warning to 3-32 Hunters!!!

Derp
10-06-2014, 11:24 AM
A warning for hunters in 3-32, specifically around Marshall Lake area to watch out for suspicious activity.

We have a cabin on Gun lake and I took my wife's uncle for a drive to Liza lake on Saturday. We were driving on the road above Marshall Lake on the East side when someone shot our tire. The bullet struck the sidewall and exited out the tread portion passing through the underside of the cab. We didn't see the shooter but there was some traffic on that road before and after. I'm surprised that someone would do this, especially in such close proximity to the properties around Marshall lake.

The incident was reported to Lillooet police and CO's that are currently looking into it.

This type of stupidity is not the first time i've ran across recently. Two years ago I was hunting LEH moose in 3:32 when someone on a yellow quad saw my parked truck and shot in my direction, then ran off.

I've never seen anything like this over the years and It's pretty sad to see this type of behavior take place in my back yard.

Please be careful and vigilant out there.

lovemywinchester
10-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Shitty and dangerous. Hope they find who did it. Maybe dopers trying to scare people off until harvest is over. I've always heard stories from around there with people getting chased out or intimidated.

Drillbit
10-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Wasn't a cyclist shot around there awhile back? (lillooet area)

lovemywinchester
10-06-2014, 12:02 PM
That was over 100km away as the crow flies. Many more by road.

mike-juliet
10-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Wasn't a cyclist shot around there awhile back? (lillooet area)

Lytton/Spences Bridge area over the summer right on the Trans Canada.

BRvalley
10-06-2014, 12:05 PM
when I lived there a resident told me one of her horses was shot at...pretty sad to hear of more stupidity

do you believe it was intentional, or ricochet/accidental?

ravensfoot
10-06-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm heading up to that exact area in a few weeks. Not what one wants to hear. Hey, how is the area looking since the fire? I haven't been there since before 09.

Derp
10-06-2014, 12:11 PM
when I lived there a resident told me one of her horses was shot at...pretty sad to hear of more stupidity

do you believe it was intentional, or ricochet/accidental?

We have reason to believe this was not an accidental shooting given the our location and the direction of the shot.

frenchbar
10-06-2014, 12:32 PM
We are all a little bit fing crazy here in 3-32

BRvalley
10-06-2014, 12:42 PM
be ready for the hate pm's from locals, how dare you name their roads and ponds online...

caddisguy
10-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Is it possible that someone took an unethical shot? Was there a cut block below or anything? Some guys consider tree lines at the top of a cut block to be a sufficient backstop. They don't realize that often there's just a thin tree line and then a road up there. Your truck spooks a deer out of the other side of the trees, cut block watcher fires, hits truck.

I'd hate to think someone shot at your vehicle, though that is a lot more probable a fluke with a stray. Sorry to hear there's psychos roaming around.

Derp
10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Is it possible that someone took an unethical shot? Was there a cut block below or anything? Some guys consider tree lines at the top of a cut block to be a sufficient backstop. They don't realize that often there's just a thin tree line and then a road up there. Your truck spooks a deer out of the other side of the trees, cut block watcher fires, hits truck.

I'd hate to think someone shot at your vehicle, though that is a lot more probable a fluke with a stray. Sorry to hear there's psychos roaming around.

We thought of all scenarios but there is no shooting on that road due to the proximity of the lake properties (400m away from houses etc).

There was also no cut block on either side. A high bank was on our right and on the left is a drop off with trees below the lake where properties are located. The shot took out the right tire meaning that it came straight at us while our vehicle was slight quartering. We did not see anyone on the road so likely someone was hiding on the bank ahead of the road.

boxhitch
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
So instant blow out , very close to the shooters position ? thats ballsy of the turds.

Spy
10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Wow crazy glad you are ok

dino
10-06-2014, 07:03 PM
A warning for hunters in 3-32, specifically around Marshall Lake area to watch out for suspicious activity.

We have a cabin on Gun lake and I took my wife's uncle for a drive to Liza lake on Saturday. We were driving on the road above Marshall Lake on the East side when someone shot our tire. The bullet struck the sidewall and exited out the tread portion passing through the underside of the cab. We didn't see the shooter but there was some traffic on that road before and after. I'm surprised that someone would do this, especially in such close proximity to the properties around Marshall lake.

The incident was reported to Lillooet police and CO's that are currently looking into it.

This type of stupidity is not the first time i've ran across recently. Two years ago I was hunting LEH moose in 3:32 when someone on a yellow quad saw my parked truck and shot in my direction, then ran off.

I've never seen anything like this over the years and It's pretty sad to see this type of behavior take place in my back yard.

Im gonna assume that if you have a place at gun lake then you probably know whats down the road from Marshall. That area is getting worse every year and I fear the culprits are going to "Band" together and make it worse. I try not to generalize cultures or race but sometimes the shoe does fit.

fotodude
10-06-2014, 07:28 PM
whatever...you were not shot at.
hate all you like.
how dare you name their roads and ponds online, get a life you are probably miserable person to know and unhappy with your life.

pnbrock
10-06-2014, 07:44 PM
please foto tell us more seems your in the know!!

nelsonob1
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
whatever...you were not shot at.
hate all you like.
how dare you name their roads and ponds online, get a life you are probably miserable person to know and unhappy with your life.

Hate? Miserable?
Foto, i think it's time to take your medicine.

Derp, thank you for the information and best of luck with the rest of your season.

fotodude
10-06-2014, 08:31 PM
Really...I should take my meds!!!!.....that's to funny....

HARDICAT
10-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Wow Foto Dude. Your comment seems a little offside. Care to explain your point of view?

finngun
10-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow Foto Dude. Your comment seems a little offside. Care to explain your point of view?
Not..a little ..away more than that...:confused:

SingleShot
10-06-2014, 09:23 PM
6 posts in 6 years and 3 months. Its a troll.

hotstuff
10-06-2014, 09:27 PM
He is a native trouble maker, it is what he lives for, I used to hunt up that area, glad you are alright, will have to watch when I am up in that area next time.

fotodude
10-06-2014, 10:31 PM
12:42 comment by BRvalley.
I was commenting on that thread and misinterpreted it.
my apologies to all.

BRvalley
10-07-2014, 06:43 AM
12:42 comment by BRvalley.
I was commenting on that thread and misinterpreted it.
my apologies to all.

care to meet up at the pub this weekend? explain your point of view? why so defensive?

BRvalley
10-07-2014, 06:49 AM
if you don't like the cottagers, hunters or tourists, then go cry a river to the brvca....nice role model of a viable, sustainable community ha

fotodude
10-07-2014, 08:37 AM
no no you've got it all wrong ,I messed up totally ok.
I went back and reread what was said starting at BR and I took it the wrong way.
I don't have a hate on for anyone.
I didn't choose my words appropriately BRvalley.
I have not got a hate on for cottagers, hunters or tourists as I do the same thing you guys do fish,hunt, shoot guns,archery all the back roads driving photography and general exploring.
I don't need to explain myself...I'm eating crow gracefully.

itsy bitsy xj
10-07-2014, 08:43 AM
be ready for the hate pm's from locals, how dare you name their roads and ponds online...

Yeah but no one will go there from fear of loosing a $250 tire

Derp
10-07-2014, 09:03 AM
He is a native trouble maker, it is what he lives for, I used to hunt up that area, glad you are alright, will have to watch when I am up in that area next time.

Sounds like you have dealt with this culprit in the past. PM me with any info if you wish. Thx

Drillbit
10-07-2014, 09:35 AM
We have reason to believe this was not an accidental shooting given the our location and the direction of the shot.

^Very RCMPish comment:)

Any updates?

BRvalley
10-07-2014, 12:59 PM
fotodude...my bad as well, perhaps i just took it the wrong way...I lived there and loved it but had my share of issues, hits a nerve pretty quickly for me...I still visit but not as often, some of the nicest folks I've met, but then there is the other half....anyways, cheers

2tins
10-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Used to be some good brookie fishing up in that neck of the woods if I recall.

Darksith
10-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Shitty and dangerous. Hope they find who did it. Maybe dopers trying to scare people off until harvest is over. I've always heard stories from around there with people getting chased out or intimidated.

what province are you from? dopers lol...just an fyi, everyone has legal indoor grows, there is no market for outdoe no moe

hickman
10-07-2014, 04:59 PM
I think, there are still dopers protecting their grow-ups. I have come across a couple over the last years...
On a hunting related note... I got my first buck in 3-32 last weekend. Found a group of bucks high up in a protected bowl at ~1800m elevation. Scouted them out from the ridge above. Looks like does and fawns have already moved lower but bigger bucks tend to stay up high with this kinda weather.

RB2
10-10-2014, 01:19 AM

Always bring your SKS and return fire

Ride Red
10-10-2014, 05:19 AM
Derp,

Did you hear the shot? How far away would they have had to be to make this shot? Was there a bullet recovered in the tire or bank beside truck? Hopefully someone gets there ass nailed for this as the outcome could have been a lot worse. Sad but true, no one is patroling the bush anymore.

MichelD
10-10-2014, 08:35 AM
I found a 30 calibre bullet hole in my canopy after a drive up a logging road off the Duffey Lake road some years ago now. I'm sure it was a stray from somebody target shooting farther up the valley.

12 inches lower and it would have struck my wife in the face.

Good2bCanadian
10-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Wasn't there a story of a girl getting hit a few years ago in the Boston bar area from a stray bullet?

r106
10-10-2014, 09:16 AM
what province are you from? dopers lol...just an fyi, everyone has legal indoor grows, there is no market for outdoe no moe

There must be a market for it still. In the last last 3 years I found 2. I could smell them in the first few weeks of Sept. I tried to find it but had no luck and didn't want to have a confrontation. Found some of the evidence weeks later after they harvested. To my surprise they actually cleaned up half decent

Marshall_lake
10-14-2014, 07:23 PM
From the gps co-ordinates that I was given by the person involved I spent some time scouring the area and have not found any casings near the road or tracks up the hill around the direction indicated. I have spent some time interviewing the other residents to see if they remember anything around the time frame. I was at that time back from a meeting with the SLRD and the Bridge River Valley Community association at Liza lake regarding the logging that has happened around here and what they will be in for when they get logged next. I passed them on the way back to marshall where I was fencing the properties from the cows that were slated to start their migration back to the home ranch. We at the lake are going to be on alert and recording the licence plates of vehicles in the area to keep track of the comings and goings so that incidents like this will not take place here in our community. Keep safe people.

f350ps
10-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Excellent news Marshall Lk, hopefully this is a one off and we don't hear about this kind of $hit again! Thanks, K