PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rupert

lip_ripper00
10-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I am in PR and looking to deer hunt, I don't know the area anyone suggest a starting point? Looking over the map book and Google earth but any local input would be great.

Rhyno
10-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Man, that's a tough go, lived I'm Terrace for almost 5 years, tough deer hunting! My suggestion would be to hop on the ferry for a long weekend and hunt the Gwaii!

Gnarly
10-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Im from Rupert and I'd hop the ferry to Haida Gwai as well. Odds of success are far far higher, other wise you could head out to the work channel road and deke off to the left at Minerva lake , over the log slide and go exploring toward fortune lake on foot or by mountain bike.
If youve got access to a boat head down to silver creek in tuck inlet and head for the high country , again on foot.

lip_ripper00
10-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Queen chariot's was my first choice, ferry is booked solid

Rhyno
10-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Maybe try the Kloyia River area, there is a gated road by the dam, walk it and take the first left leading up and over the hill. Leads to a cut line for a pipe line right of way. I have seen tracks there before. CHECK the regs first though, never hunted the area, just worked there.