PDA

View Full Version : Theft out of hunting trucks- Tetsa/fort Nelson area

bluesky
10-02-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm guessing ours wasn't the only truck to be victimized in this area. Back from 2 weeks out, window smashed, new 17 hmr stolen, cleaned right out. Just putting it out there. Be aware folks!

fyffer
10-02-2014, 09:48 AM
What area. ? Sorry to hear that. Thst blows. Bad karma for those folk.

adriaticum
10-02-2014, 10:01 AM
It's worth leaving one person guarding the car with a 45/70 hidden in the bush.

ruger#1
10-02-2014, 10:04 AM
A sign in the window, That says. You are within rifle range. Will also do the trick. This crap can happen anywhere.

bluesky
10-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Haha, yes hindsight is 20/20! Just outside Stone mtn park. Tetsa river area. What goes around, comes around! Just glad the truck and horse trailer were still there!

monasheemountainman
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
you left a gun in your truck for 2 weeks? that sucks man, but that will learn ya!

Caretaker
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
I was hunting moose in 7-27, walked into a slash that l had been sucsessful in previous years, gone about 1 1/2 hrs. When l returned to my truck some son of a b---h stole my canoe from right in top of the truck, now that takes balls.

Fisher-Dude
10-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Tetsa 2 bridge? We left the truck, camper and quads there, but only on day hikes. I was always relieved to find stuff untouched when we returned.

Ferenc
10-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Next time just leave a box of beer in your truck... Happened to my brother he was lucky they left his gear and just took the beer !!

Ferenc
10-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Aside from what happened to my brother there's two things I hate are staging areas to park your rig and boat launches .... Smorgasbord for these thieves .... And how in the hell can you have good time huntin ... With thinking about your rig... I have never been up there but glad to hear your truck and trailer are all good .

Quince
10-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I put a trail cam up at all my campsites or at the entrance. At least you get to know who comes and goes!

adriaticum
10-02-2014, 11:06 AM
I put a trail cam up at all my campsites or at the entrance. At least you get to know who comes and goes!

Excellent idea.

Sakofox
10-02-2014, 11:31 AM
@caretaker was it around McDougall river? I came up to people driving away from my truck real fast one time. They didn't take anything tho

walks with deer
10-02-2014, 12:53 PM
sad very sad.
they will get theres.
i came back to my truck once and a man was prying open the back window with a big knife.
after he actually shit his pants and cried for his mom we brought him home.
boat launches and staging areas always get negative attention.
years ago we took turns guarding the launch in deroche the theives were caught and overforty peoplepressed charges.that worse than a beating

Kami
10-02-2014, 02:09 PM
A sign taped to the widow is a good one. Something along the lines of: "Think you can move faster than my 300 short mag? Wanna try?" Lol.

I put a lot of money. time and energy into my hunting rig. I'd be f-ing pissed to come back and find it vandalized. I did install a custom disabled starter switch. The idiots won't get it started at least. Sure gotta be stupid to screw with armed hunters out in the bush. We got knives, guns, all kinds of shooting and gutting experience. How dumb are these morons?

Backwoodninjajunky
10-02-2014, 05:00 PM
F n theives, trouble is they probly out hunting to and, we look at them as fellow hunters... Not sure of the area but why the heck would low life's be i. The bush... Oh yeah free shit... Note to self bring the mut to guard the stuff.. Thanks for sharing, always uneasy bout leaving the vehicle for a while ... It happens that sux fat one

quadrakid
10-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Its white punks on dope.

tigrr
10-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Its white punks on dope.

It wasn't white punks when I was up there. The spooky part was the natives jack lighting on their quads and pickups. Un-nerving when your camper gets lit up every 10 minutes for 4 hours. Didn't sleep well that night.

Trapper
10-03-2014, 07:08 AM
I was coming back from Whitehorse last weekend and I think it was around swan lk by a boat launch we saw a newer pickup blocked up with all 4 tires missing on it, i'll bet some native has new tires on his rust bucket.

Taylor329
10-03-2014, 07:21 AM
A sign in the window, That says. You are within rifle range. Will also do the trick. This crap can happen anywhere.

Both solid ideas, I would love to see a trail cam video of someone reading that sign in a truck window.

250 sav
10-03-2014, 12:39 PM
I used to have a sign on my truck that said nothing in here is worth losing your life over

DLP
10-03-2014, 12:46 PM
take an extra trailcam with you and point it at your truck in a discreet location. might help you identify thieves for police report.

Edzzed
10-03-2014, 07:33 PM
I had my truck broken into when out fishing at Alouette lake. Next time I went I had used the computer to print in large letters "is it worth breaking into this truck or any other vehicle here." I also taped a very large bullet to each piece of paper and taped them to the inside of the window. Never had any problems since. I used the bullets cause not every criminal can read but they sure understand pictures, especially in 3d

M.Dean
10-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Its white punks on dope. You know, I don't trust any of those white, honkey drug deal'in, crack smok'in kids either! And they all look alike??? Can't tell one from the other in a Police line up, and they know it too, bloody ungrateful little so and so's!!! Should deport them all back to where they dam well came from I say!!! This Country needs more folks like you Kid, you keep watching for them white cracker boy's there, and I keep watch around here!!!

:wink:

notellyridge
10-04-2014, 02:01 PM
that kinda Sxxx will get you shot... I had all my straps stolen for my rhino last year right on the side of the hwy just outside Princeton. I cant believe the idiocy and ignorance of some people. sure woulda bin nice to catch them in the act!!!!

Buckzilla
10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
We had our trucks looted Tuesday sept 3rd from Kledo creek boat launch on the muskwa not far out of fort Nelson.
Noticed lots of trucks missing light bars from front bumpers in parking lot as well.
not cool

Buckzilla
10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Oops I meant Tuesday sept 30

Ironbutt
10-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Trail cam your rig. The more people that start getting caught for this crap will get around.