PDA

View Full Version : Cooler rental Vancouver area

unclevarda
10-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Hello! This may be a long shot, but does anyone know where you could rent a cooler in the lower mainland area to put a couple of deer in it until I am ready to butcher them?

Thanks

J_T
10-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Before Steelco closes this thread down, may I suggest he allow it to remain open. It is possible this thread from the OP will lead to someone on here who has space that they might offer up for free as a gesture to a fellow hunter.

Fisher-Dude
10-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I agree with J_T (first time for everything). I think closing down these butcher/cooler threads is a completely failed experiment.

The forum is for sharing information. Hiding butcher/cooler information is silly. Leave them open.

unclevarda
10-02-2014, 10:46 AM
I don't know the history of closing down cooler/butcher info. What's up?

nevermind, saw the sticky. I'm looking just for cooler renter. I like to butcher myself.

Andrewh
10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
are they quartered?

unclevarda
10-02-2014, 12:37 PM
They would probably be quartered

300win
10-02-2014, 12:51 PM
If you have space in your garage use an old fridge, I have one with a rod about 3/4 the way up. Debone, place meat in game bags and hang until your ready to butcher and package. If your looking to hang a couple of whole deer, there is a new item on the market called the KoolaBuck portable cooler, slick little rig//www.koolabuck.com (http://www.koolabuck.com)

Andrewh
10-02-2014, 01:56 PM
I use a fridge...

Do you have the deer or is this a 'just in case' question?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g426/Andrewshorvath/hunting/FullSizeRender_zps35e9dbbe.jpg

J_T
10-02-2014, 01:57 PM
I agree with J_T (first time for everything). I think closing down these butcher/cooler threads is a completely failed experiment.

The forum is for sharing information. Hiding butcher/cooler information is silly. Leave them open. I know it may seem like we're always at odds, but I do agree with you with respect to finance and politics and I've stated it openly on here. Don't forget.

unclevarda
10-02-2014, 02:21 PM
just in case. I do have a beer fridge with temperature control. Might try to rig something up. Just worried about no air circulation. Got me thinking now.. Could only fit one deer at a time though. (How's that for early season confidence?)