PDA

View Full Version : Private Land Hunting -?

coyotejoe
09-29-2014, 08:26 AM
A friend owns a farm/ orchard. Two does and a buck are eating his young trees. He also has a Black Bear totally destroying the trees.

QUESTION: may I harvest them without Tags? In regards to the females, I do believe they are NOT in season. may they be harvested?

last question: If I were to harvest the bear, is there any recommendations to how I may distribute the meat? I am not big on Black Beat meat, but I do want some morals(?) and ethics(?) in honouring the life of the animal - if that makes sense..?

OOBuck
09-29-2014, 08:37 AM
You might want to look into a nuisance permit? Takes time & work

If his/her property is a registered "farm" you might want to read the "right to farm act" for your area. A farmer has the right to protect crops & livestock

Hope that helps

Gone_Fishin_
09-29-2014, 08:57 AM
A friend owns a farm/ orchard. Two does and a buck are eating his young trees. He also has a Black Bear totally destroying the trees.

last question: If I were to harvest the bear, is there any recommendations to how I may distribute the meat? I am not big on Black Beat meat, but I do want some morals(?) and ethics(?) in honouring the life of the animal - if that makes sense..?

MSG me and ill come wack the bear with my bow ! you can have the rug.. i'll take the meat ! even skin and process it for you as well !

stevo911_
09-29-2014, 09:18 AM
You have to make sure you're allowed to use a firearm (including bows) in whatever municipality it is, and make sure there are no bylaws concerning culling/hunting.
I'm currently going through the nuisance wildlife application for a couple of farms, just call the ministry of environment for your area and they'll send you the forms you need to fill out ( 2(c)(iii) if its not your property I believe) (but you .
As far as I'm aware if it's not in season you need the permit, the animals go to the CO's who distribute the meat, if they are in season they go towards your bag limit (but you might still need the permit to get a firearms exemption based on the municipality).
Basically there are a whole bunch of If's based on where the property is (and take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, I'm fairly new to this process)