PDA

View Full Version : reg clarification

bobcat
09-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey guys and gals ...looking for some clarification on region 6. I have noticed that the regs show a symbol beside moose(triangle pointing up) now heres where i am confused. Typicaly this means no motorized vehicles but it also meaning in this issue that there are portions that are leh. People are telling me that there is no closure for motorized?

butthead
09-28-2014, 09:02 PM
open your page for Reg six
look up your moose
see the triangle
look further down in moose box
you will find you triangle there read it

bobcat
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes i concur but turn back a page and read there... you will find the same triangle with the statement regarding vehicle restriction

Darksith
09-28-2014, 09:25 PM
you are reading too much into it. Don't import triangles from one section to another. The triangle is basically saying "consult a map"

kilometers
09-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Yep your reading into it to much.

bobcat
09-29-2014, 09:34 AM
thanks for the input guys

adriaticum
09-29-2014, 09:37 AM
If the triangle points up then you can only hunt them on mountains, if it points down you can only hunt them in valleys.
Makes sense to me.

bobcat
09-29-2014, 10:06 AM
ohhhh ok..didn't realize that. Damn guess I better buy some new boots then. So what elevation can I start at? Also heard that you need a bigger rifle in the higher altitude because the air is thinner and that the meat tastes better. lol.

Singleshotneeded
09-29-2014, 10:30 AM
In the mountains you need a small bullet with a huge magnum case behind it, something like a 7mmRUM, because the air is thinner and the powder doesn't burn as well... Now about that ocean front resort in New Mexico that I have for sale... :-D

reach
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM
you are reading too much into it. Don't import triangles from one section to another. The triangle is basically saying "consult a map"
What he said. In the seasons table, the triangles, stars etc. only tell you which footnote applies in that little section of the seasons table. Nothing to do with the motor vehicle / shooting restrictions a couple of pages back.