PDA

View Full Version : Wifey Bags Immy

Vladimir Poutine
09-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Well this was one for the books. We had gone out just to get away for a few days, with no expectations. We got to camp on the 19th and started searching on opening day. Weather was stellar, but too hot for our liking. Saw LOTS of bears and LOTS of grouse. Not much else. Didn't get too serious about things as this was R & R time. The weather started to change a bit last Monday, light rain and a bit of cloud. My wife had to come back to the house one day to take care of some things so we decided that she should go Tuesday and get back that same evening. That left me on my own to go where ever and just relax. Got away late and just started going here and there. Found some promising sign in a couple of spots but that was it. Ran into 2 other groups of hunters but that was all all day. I had no idea of the time but finally decided to head back, crack a cold one and wait for the boss to return.

About 4k from camp I come upon a fresh gut pile. No tracks on the road or drag marks just the pile. I'm cursing a streak as to who the hell shot this moose so close to our camp AFTER I had been through. Of all the lousy luck. Oh well chalk up another missed opportunity. I roll into camp and one of my jerry cans is where I hadn't left it, and it has a blood smear on it. WTF? I open the trailer door and there's a note that explains all. My son was passing through after doing a hike North of us. We thought he had already gone back to Vancouver. When he got within cel range there's a message that my wife's 98 year old mother is in hospital and could he get that message to us as we are in no cel area. So he knows where we are and comes up to give her the news. She rushes to get back home with my son in the lead. He rounds a corner and voila, his young eyes see a moose on the sidehill at 10 in the morning in the bright sun. Stops and waves Mom over. Shoot the moose Mom, it's an immature! She gets out, has no rest so crouches, calms herself down and gets a shot off. Moose runs uphill about 20 feet and tips over. Took out the bottom of his heart. Great shot. They load it and head back to camp to wait for me. At 4 they decide to head home to hang it. I get back to the good news at 5 and am home by 6. We got it to the butcher's the next day. Moose quarters came in just shy of 300 lb. Will be tasty for sure and the son will definitely get a taste. The pressure is off, and now I can do what I do best- shoot grouse apparently. Great job dear!

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/d0ntcare/media/IMG_0001_zps2227b634.mp4.html

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/d0ntcare/media/IMG_0002_zps3149c51e.mp4.html

stinkyduck
09-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Good eats for sure!!!!

Liveforthehunt
09-28-2014, 10:39 AM
That's awsome ! I got the privilege of eating one of those last year tasty as it gets !

adriaticum
09-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Congrats Mrs Poutine!

Ruffed
09-28-2014, 05:47 PM
Way to go, that's going to be good eating! That's hunting for ya, when you go hard you don't get anything, when you're goofing off, you get one. You just never know.

Henry

buckguy
09-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Congrats to the Mrs. Going to be fantastic eats.

Sofa King
09-28-2014, 06:33 PM
yummy immy.

Everett
09-28-2014, 07:28 PM
That's a great story congrats to the wife

deerhunt
09-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Congrats to the Mrs.Some nice eats there. Thanks for sharing.

landphil
09-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Congrats on the immy! How is grandma? Was she happy to hear about the moose shot on the way to see her at the hospital?

kennyj
09-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Awesome! Great job.
kenny