PDA

View Full Version : Area 3-46

elfhunter
09-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Hey... My buddy and I are headed to area 3-46 (Wells Gray) this November for Mule Deer. I would ask this forum if anyone has hunted this area and if so, what kind of resources they may have that I can draw from? :-D

I am having a heck of a time finding maps for the area, although probably understandable seeing as it is in a Provincial Park. (Not many logging roads!) Has anyone hunted deer here, and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

butcher
09-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Take a boat up azure lake. Go to the east end. Good Muleys mid slope on the south shore

browningboy
09-27-2014, 04:21 PM
That's essentially by boat only, launch at Clearwater and you have a tough hunt ahead of you! Good luck as it's thick as shot

Vladimir Poutine
09-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Go as far on the Park road to Deer Creek. Look left and there is a large flat area across the river. River is low now so canoe or any inflatable will get you across. There are deer in there. In November there's always the chance of snow, but normally not too much.

elfhunter
09-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Go as far on the Park road to Deer Creek. Look left and there is a large flat area across the river. River is low now so canoe or any inflatable will get you across. There are deer in there. In November there's always the chance of snow, but normally not too much.

Excellent... Thanks for the tips :)