PDA

View Full Version : Chuchinka/arctic fsr condition

Bustercluck
09-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the road is passable from chuchinka back into mu7-23 on arctic fsr .

everythingwild
09-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Yes it's passable, the road has been graded till the old arctic logging camp, if u stay right at the Y after the camp the road gets a lot rougher. If u do go be sure to use a radio and call your miles, there are 2 logging shows hauling out of the hominka valley, the road was busy with loggers last time I was there.

Bustercluck
09-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Do you happen to know the radio frequency they use or the name of the logging companies?

everythingwild
09-27-2014, 03:06 PM
I know one of the contractors is Frost Lake. The channel/frequency will posted at the beginning of the road. I think it's the Arctic channel but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100%.

slayer B
10-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Just got back from the area this weekend. We were in 7-16B. It's a hard hunt without a boat. It's too warm and the moose are not coming out of the timber yet. Reports from everyone are saying hardly any moose spotted at all. We were there 2 weeks and seen nothing for live animals. Three moose and a bear were taken along the parsnip in the whole trip by others and there were a ton of them. Probably 20+ camps with a ton of guys. But the roads were actually pretty good. If you're going hunting there good luck. You will need it.