PDA

View Full Version : Tatuk lk campsite- busy?

Kalum
09-24-2014, 09:22 PM
wondering how busy the Tatuk lake camp site on the east end would be at this time of year. we've an leh shared moose draw for the 7-11 area.

Grizzlydick
09-25-2014, 09:44 AM
now i know why i did not get the draw, good luck to ya. as for camping spots ones right at waters edge are taken first, then the spots up the hill are aval. have fun......................

Rob Chipman
09-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Don't go. No moose, way too crowded. How do I know? I'll be there with some buddies and 2 draws after October 3! :-)

Seriously, last time we were there at this time of year (4 years ago) there was room in the rec site, but I suspect you'll run into a fair number of people.

We rented a cabin at Tatuk Lake resort. When are you going?

Bushy
09-25-2014, 04:52 PM
I camp off the Bobtail and Fox rd's, doesn't look as good towards the rec site area but never did go right to the rec site.

Ran into many bulls but did not have an leh, others in the area did not see any bulls, this was last year.

Good luck, Tatuk resort is a great place, nice folks, very helpful, reasonable cabins!!

moosinaround
09-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Its busy, but the entire region is busy for the next 3 weeks! Dont let that stop ya! Id rather have a site up the hill anyways! Take a boat, lots of little rainbows last time I was there! Good hunting! Moosin

Kalum
09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys, we're headed over tomorrow morning and will be there until oct 9th. Expecting it to be a gong show but hoping we can find an out of the way camp spot. It's a a family hunt this year, should be loads of fun.