PDA

View Full Version : MU 5 01 bull moose draw

Big Hoss
09-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Headed to Interlakes area end of next for LEH moose hunt. Has anyone been out that way in last week or so and if so have you been seeing any bulls on the prowler yet.

rcar
09-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I was up in 5-02 last week and it was very warm...25 during the day and only down to 10 at night. Too hot for the moose to get moving. You will have to work hard if the temp doesn't drop. Good luck. Also I have never seen so much wolf sign. There wasn't a single trail we hiked that we didn't see fresh tracks.

rickyboy
09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Hey Hoss,.....I've been scouting the Valentine Lk area for sign of moose and deer. Very little for either one. I'm in on a draw for the 5-1 area come Oct 1st but I'm really not confident we'll have much luck because of the warmer weather. The other day it was mid to high 20's so like "rcar" said "Too hot for the moose to get moving". I've also been up in the Canim Lk area and more north in the MU-15 area without seeing anything but a black bear. I'm going to head south to the 70 Mile area to see what's there. Good luck, let us know how you make out. I'll be back to do the same. Good luck to you.

Cyrus
09-24-2014, 10:35 AM
too hot...too windy...be thankful you did not get the Sept draw...guessing there would be some spoiled meat out there!!

Big Hoss
09-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Ya that was my worry. Headed up on the 4 th hope it cools off by then. I have a buddy hunting in 5 02 right now waiting to here how he makes out when he gets back on Saturday. Thanks for all the news. Cheers