PDA

View Full Version : Mule deer hunting

chromehunter
09-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Wondering if anyone's November hot spot for mulies would have them at this time, debating where to go on my days off. I've had no time to scout so if there is a possibility of nice bucks in my November location I'll head out there

Stillhunting
09-23-2014, 03:54 PM
The best way to find out about your area is to go take a look. The area I mainly hunt has nice bucks now, but more later. I think it depends on the specific area one hunts though. You could tell us what your specific area is and someone might be able to let you know how it is right now, but then you might have more company there in November.

ianm
09-23-2014, 03:54 PM
Summer/Wintering areas usually change, but could be figured out by taking a look...are you asking if we know if there are bucks in your honey hole? Lol

Bugle M In
09-23-2014, 04:28 PM
try in by Carpenter lakes etc, should be good after all those fires.
never been there in years, but it is on my mind these days.

Brian011
09-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Depends on the location, some areas hold deer all yr long and some areas they move out of or move into once the snow comes.
I missed a big buck last yr dec 10, put a trail cam up in the spring within a couple hundred yards, had bucks there all summer, went up with a buddy on sept 10 and he shot a big buck, so that area seems to have deer including big bucks all yr long.

Sofa King
09-23-2014, 08:56 PM
where is it, op, i'll go have a look?

they'll be there.
unless you hunt in some crazy migration area.
all my deer are where they are now and still in December.
I've yet to be affected by any "migration".

chromehunter
09-23-2014, 10:01 PM
I should have worded the thread a little different! Was meaning more what you guys talked about the migration and how much it affects the hunting early season to late!

Sofa King
09-23-2014, 10:26 PM
way too much emphasis is put on the migration.
it doesn't happen the same in every area.
some deer hardly even move.

B-rad
09-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Where I live in Kamloops (barnhartvale) the Mulies are around their areas pretty much all year round,,,,,,only thing that really changes is they concentrate more into groups August---dec and some of the big boys come out of the wood work to play for the rut mid November---December

rickyboy
09-24-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm in the #5 region/100 Mile House area.[ 5-1 / 5-2 ] Been around the Valentine Lk area looking for deer and moose [Oct 1st moose draw] But right now would like to find a decent buck. Any other areas around me, that someone might want to disclose where they've seen some deer?? I'm think'in of going to the 70 Mile House area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Ferenc
09-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Wondering if anyone's November hot spot for mulies would have them at this time, debating where to go on my days off. I've had no time to scout so if there is a possibility of nice bucks in my November location I'll head out there
Get yourself out to your area that you hunt in Nov and do a pass thru the area you may find some sheds from last year ... Take a saw and open up your circuit that you do when your in there in Nov ... You'll be better prepared then later... Leave it alone till then ... Hopefully it's a bit remote and no one see hunts it ..... Still to many leaves on the trees .... Just get your area ready for Nov...you'll have better insight into what happening in your area also... This is when I find most of my sheds also if you do this you will have a good plan

BigfishCanada
09-24-2014, 02:03 PM
way too much emphasis is put on the migration.
it doesn't happen the same in every area.
some deer hardly even move.

Sofa far from the situation at my places, Sept, oct, and nov are all different locations. And in the spring the come back. You can even see them pass by on my webcam in the spring and when they are coming back in oct

Big Hoss
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Pressy lake area has done me well right into early october

adriaticum
09-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Longest land mammal migration in the lower 48.
Mule deer.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/04/140422-mule-deer-migration-wyoming-animals-science/