PDA

View Full Version : Bull Moose Draw 3-36

Deeboe
09-23-2014, 11:25 AM
So myself, my buddy and his kid drew a shared bull moose hunt this year for 3-36. We put in for that area as my pal has a cabin up there. I swore I would never fish for help like this but figured what the heck. If anyone has any info they would like to share regarding his or her suggestions on where to look for moose in november in 3-36, it would be very much appreciated.
This weekend will be a scouting mission, and then we plan on hunting for 4 days during the remembrance day weekend in november. My pal has been looking around up there during his trips to the cabin but with not much luck. This is his first year hunting Moose. Unfortunately work has been jacking my time off that I planned to use to scout. Any hot tips would be more than welcome. Would love to have some moose in the freezer this fall to feed the kids.

Cheers and good luck to you all this fall!

yama49
09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Where are u staying seymour?

Deeboe
09-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Cabin is near Anglemont on Shuswap Lake.

Kowabunga
09-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Congratulations on the draw. I had that one in 2005, but was not successful. I did see two really nice bulls the following year though up Scotch Creek.

I would hunt Scotch Creek area up around 14-km below the powerlines (670-RD or 690-RD). If there is not too much snow you can get higher up to 25-km and up the 675-RD. There is some fairly recent logging and some nice patch cuts south of Pisima Lake. There is a really big block on the east side of the 670-RD accessed from 15-km marker. The animals (deer and moose) seem to move off of Lichen Mtn into the area around the powerline mentioned above once the snow gets too deep.

Have you considered using a snow machine to get up higher where you can't drive, but the moose have not moved out yet? It would be a good strategy at that time of year.

Deeboe
09-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Great information thank you! I will purchase a back roads map book to get familiar with those roads. I am stoked to be lucky enough to have this draw as I have never taken a moose myself (been on quite a few hunts tho.). Again really appreciate the info.

Deeboe
11-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Heading up this thursday for 4 days. Kowagunga, i will try your advice, thank you. If anyone else has any recent info on this, I would be more than happy to listen :)

Kowabunga
11-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Was just hunting up Lee Creek today (just west of Scotch Creek - MU 3-37) and there is not the snow that there was at this time last year. It was really noisy after getting some snow last weekend, having it melt and rain over the week, and then re-freeze. Temperatures are expected down to 3deg some nights with some rain mid-week so hopefully you get some fresh snow to reveal the new tracks and make it quieter out there. Unless things change drastically you should be able to drive most of the area. Best of luck

Deeboe
11-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Beauty, thanks again! I'll update u next week.

swampthing
11-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Enjoy the hunt!! Will miss you in our camp.